Sila delivers materials that set a new standard for batteries. Sila Data Systems is the small, expert team that enables ongoing success in a multi-disciplinary business through the quality, accessibility and insight-generating power of data. We write and run modern, data-driven applications and infrastructure to integrate research, experimentation and product characterization with automated, high-volume, software-configurable manufacturing.
Our software integrates deeply with Sila-designed and off-the-shelf equipment throughout our production and research plants. We accelerate commissioning and maximize flexibility with software-configurable manufacturing processes and operational flow. We drive quality and accelerate adoption of Sila materials with transparent and traceable production, characterization and inventory management. We enable ongoing innovation by applying machine learning, statistical analysis and sophisticated visualization to both factory telemetry and laboratory datasets in real time.
As a senior data engineer at Sila, you democratize data to empower the Sila research, engineering and manufacturing teams. You design, build and configure foundational data services and software to gather, process, store and access both time-series and complex laboratory datasets. You work closely with other senior contributors across Sila, applying state-of-the-art data-oriented software engineering and systems design to integrate our on-site research and production plant with our cloud-hosted applications and services. You understand and appropriately apply relational, document-oriented and key-value storage architectures to maximize accessibility for our users and maintainability for our team. Your designs leverage platform-as-a-service offerings and event-driven data pipelines to maximize data velocity, team productivity and system transparency and reliability.
* Work closely with fellow engineers and team leads to architect Sila data storage, flow and lifecycle. Design and implement simple but powerful data models.
* Deliver high quality, maintainable data-oriented code and configuration to ensure consistency, durability, availability and accessibility of Sila research, equipment, process and battery engineering, manufacturing and business operations datasets.
* Plan and collaboratively execute multi-step data migrations to minimize downtime.
* Evangelize and apply infrastructure-as-code practices to ensure consistency across development, test and production environments.
* Solicit and participate in rigorous learning-focused code review.
* With colleagues in Data Systems, triage incoming requests from our stakeholders and prioritize ongoing development.
* With colleagues in Data Systems, respond as needed to understand, mitigate, correct and prevent operational incidents.
* 5+ years of hands-on data and software engineering.
* B.S. or higher in computer science, engineering, math or physical sciences.
* Hands-on approach. You are actively engaged in design and development of data handling and storage for software applications.
* Systems-level thinking. You approach your work holistically, and the solutions you design and build demonstrate careful consideration of all aspects of each problem.
* Skills and experience implementing relational, document-oriented and key-value storage architectures.
* Skills and experience implementing event-driven data pipelines.
* Bonus for experience with Python, C#, SCADA/PLC time-series data, laboratory measurement-generated datasets, and/or software that interacts with the physical world.
* Bonus for experience with scientific operations management, manufacturing execution, and/or enterprise resource planning.
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies is an engineered materials company focused on energy storage.