Sila delivers materials that set a new standard for batteries. Sila Data Systems is the small, expert team that enables ongoing success in a multi-disciplinary business through the quality, accessibility and insight-generating power of data. We write and run modern, data-driven applications and infrastructure to integrate research, experimentation and product characterization with automated, high-volume, software-configurable manufacturing.
Our software integrates deeply with Sila-designed and off-the-shelf equipment throughout our production and research plants. We accelerate commissioning and maximize flexibility with software-configurable manufacturing processes and operational flow. We drive quality and accelerate adoption of Sila materials with transparent and traceable production, characterization and inventory management. We enable ongoing innovation by applying machine learning, statistical analysis and sophisticated visualization to both factory telemetry and laboratory datasets in real time.
As a software engineer for the data systems team, you work collaboratively with your teammates to write the code that connects our on-site research and production plant with cloud-hosted applications and services, enabling and automating data transport, storage, analysis and visualization. You work directly with scientists and engineers from the research, engineering and manufacturing teams, applying data science and data-oriented software engineering to rapidly and reliably reduce complex datasets to actionable information.
* Deliver high quality, maintainable code through concise, single-concern merge requests. Your code always includes tests for long-term maintainability and logging for operational monitoring.
* Participate in rigorous learning-focused review of your own and others' code.
* With colleagues in Data Systems, triage requests from our stakeholders and prioritize ongoing development.
* With colleagues in Data Systems, respond as needed to understand, mitigate, correct and prevent operational incidents.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
* Bonus for experience writing software that interacts with the physical world (e.g. IoT devices or manufacturing automation).
* Bonus for experience applying data science and machine learning techniques.
* Bonus for experience building event-driven data pipelines, RESTful web services, and/or integrating on-premise and cloud-hosted software.
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies is an engineered materials company focused on energy storage.