Sila delivers materials that set a new standard for batteries. Sila Data Systems is the small, expert team that enables ongoing success in a multi-disciplinary business through the quality, accessibility and insight-generating power of data. We write and run modern, data-driven applications and infrastructure to integrate research, experimentation and product characterization with automated, high-volume, software-configurable manufacturing.
We integrate deeply with Sila-designed and off-the-shelf equipment throughout our production and research plants. We accelerate commissioning and maximize flexibility with software-configurable manufacturing processes and operational flow. We drive quality and accelerate adoption of Sila materials with transparent and traceable production, characterization and inventory management. We enable ongoing innovation by applying machine learning, statistical analysis and sophisticated visualization to both factory telemetry and laboratory datasets in real time.
As a senior hardware/software systems engineer at Sila, you work closely and consultatively with our world-class engineering and research teams to understand their work and the challenges they face. You leverage your full-stack technical expertise to propose, design and build solutions that make our scientists, engineers and technicians more productive. On any given day, you may be found designing a new fixture, testing out a new procedure, coding a better user interface, or implementing a better algorithm for a particular analysis. Your solutions help accelerate innovation and democratize data at Sila by integrating and extending the Sila data platform for new use cases.
* Consult with battery engineering, research and manufacturing to identify key challenges and prioritize projects.
* Design and build high quality, maintainable electromechanical hardware and software to address key challenges.
* Participate in rigorous learning-focused review of your own and others' hardware designs and code.
* Where appropriate, work with consultants and/or other engineers at Sila to deliver well-integrated cross-disciplinary solutions.
* B.S. or higher in scientific or engineering fields.
* Demonstrated cross-disciplinary expertise applying mechanical, electrical and software engineering to deliver high-quality, integrated solutions.
* Experience using and creating manufacturable designs with Solidworks or similar mechanical design tools.
* Experience using and creating manufacturable designs with electronic design automation tools.
* Experience writing software that interacts with the physical world (e.g. laboratory instruments, manufacturing automation or IoT devices).
* Bonus for experience building or integrating with event-driven data pipelines, RESTful web services, and/or integrating on-premise and cloud-hosted software.
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies is an engineered materials company focused on energy storage.