Data is the new currency of the digital world, and Microsoft is uniquely positioned to help businesses and consumers get the most out of their data assets. With the leading database in the world - SQL Server, and the rapidly growing Azure cloud data platform, Microsoft has made an enormous bet on delivering a modern data platform. Customers are using this platform to disrupt markets and transform their existing business. SQL Database is at the heart of Microsoft's data and analytics platform. SQL Database is one of the most successful Microsoft business used by most of the Fortune 100 companies. Our mission is to offer RDBMS customers choices and integration for their data processing and storage needs. Future proof existing customers and attain new customers with best / unique choices of data processing and integration. We will do this by delivering breakthrough product innovations and experiences that modernize database and the data tools to deliver the best in class experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* 3+ years professional experience in product design and/or product management.
* Prior experience with product planning or product management.
* Ability to drive partners towards a common business goal.
* Experience in implementing mission critical database architectures with SQL Server or Azure SQL Database.
* Experience with technologies like Kubernetes, Linux, Containers
* Experience with one or more enterprise public cloud (Azure, AWS or GCP)
* High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
* Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner.
* Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
* Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers.
* Strong cross-group collaboration skills.
* An ability to analyze high-level requirements and turn them into actionable plans.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to manage our hosting business for SQL Server. There is a strategic shift in the market where we need to support all type of data assets, with the ability to run our database platform on an on-premise database center or a virtual machine in a public cloud. To run a fleet of SQL Server instances on-premise or in the cloud requires adoption of best practices that allow ease of deployment, maintenance, monitoring, security, availability and disaster recovery. In this role, you will help our Tier-1 customers modernize their data platform and enabling them to implement a hybrid data ecosystem. You will enable a number of Tier-1 Microsoft customers to leverage the leading database platform in the world to make their business successful using enhancements in the field of availability, security, reliability, performance and scale. The opportunities to significantly impact the team, SQL Server, Microsoft, and the industry are practically limitless. If you love to work with database platforms in Tier-1 environments, and you want to make thousands of customers happy and productive, come and join us. We have significant opportunities for you to explore, learn and grow a wide range of technologies and skills. You will be working with incredibly smart and motivated peers in a fast paced and supportive environment.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.