The Commerce and Ecosystem division (C+E) in the Cloud & AI group powers commerce for Microsoft's key businesses like Azure, Office 365. The Partner Experience team within this group is a great place to grow your career while working on initiatives that deliver compelling value to Microsoft's developer and partner ecosystem across gaming, commercial, and productivity segments.
We are hiring a mid-level Software Engineer to help us deliver services and experiences for empowering Microsoft's developer and partner ecosystem to be successful. In this position, you will be part of a fun-loving, diverse team that seeks challenges, loves learning and values teamwork. You will collaborate with team members and partners to build full stack web applications using latest web technologies in a dynamic and agile environment, and have opportunities for mentorship, career growth, and work on high-business impact areas.
Successful candidates will exhibit various attributes which will enhance their ability to succeed in this position.
Collaboration - As most development is about working with others, both within an immediate team, as well as across business units and portions of the company, an ability to collaborate effectively is a core competency to have.
Customer Focus - A focus on delivering customer value, and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and actions to that value is a huge plus for successful engineers at any level.
Drive For Results - Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all, is a skill and ability which a successful engineer should exhibit.
Technical Excellence - Core to being a software engineer is of course technical excellence. This is not merely knowing the latest and greatest language developments, but demonstrating a passion for technology, a curiosity to 'go deep', and an ability to quickly learn and build upon past experiences, to be able to extrapolate from those experiences, and deliver innovations. Technical excellence is rooted in having a strong demonstrable aptitude for problem solving.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate this broad set of attributes well.
* As the position is one of software engineer, an ability to code is a base requirement. As there are many forms of coding in practical use today., having experience in languages and frameworks such as Ruby, node.js, Python, C#, Java, C, C++, and various others is acceptable, assuming the candidate can demonstrate proficiency in what they know, and can extend their learning to new languages, tools, and environments.
* A demonstrable understanding of software development and testing concepts.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline.
* 4-5 years of experience working in a software engineering environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Design and implement new full stack features with quality
* Evolve and improve existing features and designs
* Contribute in debugging, troubleshooting complete stack of a service
* Write and maintain automated unit and component tests
* Collaborating closely with members of your team and partner teams
* Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks
* Conduct periodic on call duties
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.