Are you passionate about making users and customers happy while advancing Microsoft's Intelligent cloud, Intelligent edge strategy? Are you interested in working on an exciting new frontier in cloud computing? Are you energized by a start-up like environment that requires collaboration with likeminded individuals across Azure Compute, Networking, and Storage? If so, look no further than the Azure Managed Edge (AME) effort!
Microsoft Azure provides customers with an on-demand, infinitely scalable infrastructure and platform to build, host, and operate services on the Internet through Microsoft's global data centers. As part of its continued growth Azure is pushing to expand beyond the confines of its datacenters.
AME is a brand-new effort to expand the Azure edge and to enable Azure services to target edge sites. AME needs to address challenges across the board including edge hardware, Azure services enablement, security, and variable connectivity between the edge and Azure.
Our team is looking for a technical Principal Software Engineer Manager to help build, lead and grow a strong customer-centered engineering team. You will work with Azure Compute, Network, Storage as well as other Azure engineering teams and support organizations to define and deliver critical, customer-facing features, and the tools and infrastructure required to support them. You will get the opportunity to actively participate in the hiring and building of your own team and the rest of the org.
This role will have a measurable impact in customer growth and satisfaction for one of the fastest growing businesses at Microsoft. We are looking for a principal software engineer manager, who thinks strategically, leads with passion, works pragmatically in a dynamic environment with few guardrails, and enjoys getting stuff done. In this role, you will need strong customer empathy and an ability to focus our engineering efforts on Azure's business priorities. As we drive to increase Azure customer adoption, satisfaction and consumption, you will need to carefully balance agility and the need to meet our partner teams' immediate needs by building scalable, and robust solutions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
You must MUST possess the following attributes:
* A master's (preferred) in computer science or related discipline
* C#, C++, Java or other object-oriented programming experience
* 10+ years of experience building reliable, distributed systems at scale
* 3+ years of people management experience
These attributes are preferred:
* Technical knowledge of Azure storage, Azure networking is a plus
* Experience building and managing world class engineering teams
* Real passion for understanding key business problems and opportunities, and for setting and driving towards measurable goals
* Excellent collaboration and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to develop key partnerships
* Experience in designing systems and processes for running services particularly with scale, drive cost and operational efficiency, continuous integration, and monitoring
* Experience in cloud development principles and patterns, particularly loosely coupled architectures and micro-services
* Experience with Azure, AWS or GCP
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.