Come join the Data, Insights, and Growth (DIG) team where you will have the opportunity to impact millions of people daily, build world class telemetry and diagnostics systems, and help shape the future of Office. We value great teamwork and innovation and maintain focus on enabling our partners across Office to make data-informed decisions.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for candidates with great judgement, solid engineering skills, the collaboration skills needed to ensure we deliver end-to-end solutions for Office teams, and the ability and desire to learn and go deep into new technologies. Working across Microsoft you will have access to cutting edge technologies, will find the best of breed solution for our partners, and will lead with code. When you see something that we could be doing better, let us know and help us improve!
* Excellent coding skills in C++, C#, or Java. Any language experience is fine if you have strong architecture and implementation skills.
* Experience working collaboratively with a team of engineers.
* A strong passion for learning.
* A computer science background (BS degree or equivalent experience).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
What you will work on
* Our telemetry and diagnostics systems provide insights across hundreds of millions of clients daily and are used by thousands of Office engineers worldwide to steer future investments and ensure our customers have the best experience possible. As an engineer on the DIG team, you will partner with teams throughout Office to ensure they have the data insights they need for their scenarios.
* Processing billions of events per day, our systems are highly scalable and support both business and product intelligence through custom portals, batch processed results and near-real-time tools for ad-hoc data analysis. As an engineer on our team, you will help us continue to scale our systems and work with our partners to make sure our tools are intuitive and easy to use.
* Our systems form the bedrock of Office's data-informed culture and are used by all Office products across mobile, web, and desktop. As an engineer on our team, you will help insure Microsoft's commitment to the privacy and security of telemetry and diagnostics data.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.