The Senior Voice / Data Network Engineer is a senior leadership position with hands-on involvement within the Network Administration group responsible for the voice, data and video networks. The Senior Voice / Data Network Engineer leads staff and projects in support of the network technology platform which includes Cisco VoIP (CUCM, CUP, CUC, UCCX and Expressway), Pulse Secure VPN gateways, NICE Call Recording, Cisco Switches and Routers, Cisco Firewalls, network monitoring tools (SolarWinds and Variphy) and assorted software (conferencing solutions and Jabber).
* Lead staff. Oversee the work of Network Operations Specialists and external contract staff. Develop and socialize strategies. Prepare implementation designs.
* Develop and execute formal plans. Define, document, and enforce network standards.
* Engage vendors to provide Statements of Work for Professional Services and solutions, hardware configurations and software configurations
* Maintain and support voice and data network equipment and software. Monitor the network platform. Detect, diagnose, and resolve voice and data network problems and outages. Support Information Security equipment including Firewalls and Intrusion Detection equipment. Install, configure and patch network devices and software.
* Supporting day-to-day operations including Move/Add/Change, user requests and network changes. Implement features and enhancements to support business initiatives and network infrastructure improvements.
* Participate in projects including branch build outs, relocations and closures, Report status, Contribute to the preparation and tracking of budgets.
Windows based servers, desktops, Group Policies, SQL 2008/2008R2/2012R2 and Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SCCM 2012, SCOM 2012, Backup applications, DR, spam control and Antivirus applications.
* CISCO CCNP/Collaboration or equivalent experience
* Able to work outside of regular business hours when needed
* Able to exercise sound, independent judgment
* High School degree or equivalent (college degree preferred)
* At least 2 years of recent experience leading staff
* At least 2 years of recent experience in project management
* At least 2 years of recent experience designing, implementing and configuring voice and/or data networks
* At least 5 years of recent experience managing a Voice Network including
* Cisco Unified Communications and UC applications
* UCCX reporting and troubleshooting (CUIC and TASKE Contact)
* Cisco Voice Gateways
* SIP, POTS, PRI and VoIP telephone circuits
* UCCX scripting/programming
* Administer, maintain and upgrade CUCM, Unity Connection, IM and Presence and UCCX
* Voice Network performance tuning, troubleshooting and solving voice quality issues
* Troubleshoot call routing issues (partitions, CSS, translation patterns, route patterns, dial peers, etc.)
* CDR reporting both for historical reporting and troubleshooting purposes (Variphy)
* At least 2 years of recent experience managing a Cisco Data Network including
* Cisco ISR G2 Routers (BGP, static routes, IP SLA, NetFlow, SNMP, ACLs, IPSEC Tunnels, and MPLS)
* Cisco Catalyst 2960, 3750, 3850, 6509, Nexus 5k Switches and Port Channels (including vPC on Nexus 5k)
* Data Network performance tuning and troubleshooting
* Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Access Points
* Knowledge of EIGRP network routing protocol, BGP network routing protocol, VPN platforms (Pulse Secure preferred), Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Converged voice/data MPLS, DMVPN networks and Cisco ISE for both RADIUS and TACACS+
About Investors Bancorp
Investors Bancorp is a holding company for Investors Bank.