Under the direction of the Applications Support Group Manager, the Business Relationship Manager is primarily responsible for maintaining a harmonious and strategically beneficial relationship between the bank's Information Technology team, supported internal business partners as well as external third-party vendors that drives value and achieves the bank's strategic objectives. This will be done in a collaborative, change influencing manner to obtain win-win results, deliver solutions that drive process efficiency and maximize utilization of existing applications and tools by employing and combining industry best practices with creative solutioning for innovative, transformational results. This role will be a key contributor in managing the engagement between multiple business units in an effort to deliver technology solutions that align with strategic company objectives. The BRM serves as a trusted advisor to multiple business units and provides strategic consulting as the primary point-of-contact and interface between key business stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of strategic IT Projects. The Business Relationship Manager will be responsible for cultivating strong relationships, understanding the business value of new IT project requests, advising business partners on technical implications and solution options, IT portfolio management, and supporting senior members of the team in achieving desired results through the delivery of technology solutions.
* Business Analysis - Meet with respective business lines to understand and analyze current business processes and needs. Elicit and document business requirements in a readable yet usable format. Prioritize requests in alignment with business and organizational objectives. Utilize business IQ and technical knowledge to effectively analyze requests and work with development team and other applications support subject matter experts to explore requirements and interdependencies such as other impacted business units, workflows or processes for implementation and post production sustenance. Evaluate both input requirements and output formats; coordinate integration between applications, where necessary engaging internal resources and third-party vendors. Documenting requirements using workflow diagrams and other project management tools. Understands and anticipates direction of business, identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to support the business line's desired future state. The Business Relationship Manager will be responsible for cultivating strong relationships, understanding the business value of new IT project requests, advising business partners on technical implications and solution options, IT portfolio management, and supporting senior members of the team in achieving desired results through the delivery of technology solutions.
* Strategic Initiatives Partnership - Facilitate business technology and strategy road-mapping. Develop and pursue strategic client action plans that meet deliverables within the requested timeframes and budget. Present customized proposals with strong value propositions. Develop, cultivate and nurture strong relationships with business partners by providing transparency, visibility and accessibility to data, technology, processes, tools and people for prioritized project pipelines. Provide timely dashboard status reporting of deliverables including heat maps and other status reports. Ensure alignment of the business demands with capacity and capabilities of the bank's IT infrastructure and application suite. Identify and source alternative capabilities as necessary. It will facilitate, and serve as a lead, for the planning and execution of initiatives to enable the different Business Lines to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology. Further, the role will also communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding service requests, projects and initiatives.
* Creative Solutioning: Use solid understanding of industry product and best practice knowledge and experience to source, pursue, develop and implement creative solutions for complex business problems. Liaise with business units to document clear, detailed business requirements transalating technical requirements for end user consumption that demonstrate a full understanding of the problem to be solved including business interdependencies, milestones and key success metrics. Mobilize other technology partners to drive deliverables. Understand current business technology landscape, influence, shape and drive direction to align with organizational strategy.
* Continued Process Improvement: Conduct ongoing review of existing business processes for your client service portfolio. Identify and lead assessment of areas for process efficiency gains that strategically position the bank for scalable organic or acquired growth. Identify underutilized software, tools and workflows. Identifies and mitigates potential problems and conflicts with IT delivery. Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of assigned departments/business areas to identify and communicate how solutions can support the achievement of short- and longterm business goals.
* Bachelor's degree or minimum 5-7 years experience in relationship management with a bank or financial services provider.
* Proven record of meeting and exceeding goals and objectives.
* Demonstrated skills in probing, objection handling and obtaining client buy in for the right solution.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to negotiate terms and take ownership and accountability for deliverables.
* Highly motivated, organized and resourceful individual who is able to work well alone or on a team.
* Superb relationship builder who cultivates and nurtures relationships.
* Personable and take charge, engenders trust and fellowship from those around them.
* Change champion with the ability to clearly articulate a vision, communicate and set expectations.
* Experience with financial services providers and applications such as Fiserv (Signature platform), SalesForce, nCino, BancTrac, MuleSoft, Fenergo and other data mining or business intelligence and process automation software.
About Investors Bancorp
Investors Bancorp is a holding company for Investors Bank.