Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Java Developer with extensive enterprise application integration experience, designing and leading the engineering of digital payments or similar platforms at scale. Must be able to multi-task, handling numerous competing priorities. Serve as internal subject matter expert and serve as a liaison between the internal business community, IT, and external vendors. Manage development and change control activities. Possesses an understanding of technical and business trends, and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to our business partners. This highly visible, individual contributor role is a great opportunity to take the lead for a Fortune 500 company and set technical direction for the team and make a huge difference in a material way.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
* Experience in breaking monoliths into a microservices based ecosystem with independent services, service registry, service mesh, containerization, service security and cloud deployment
* Expertise in building solutions involving a combination of complex event processing, service orchestration, microservices, SOA and event driven solutions
* Proven experience working with globally distributed engineers and service providers
* Ability to multi-task and handle numerous competing priorities
* Work with business partners to understand needs and proactively lead them to solutions
* Architect, design and develop highly available, scalable, performant and resilient systems
* Understand the capabilities and limitations of middleware products and use cutting edge solutions to address them
* Conduct design and code reviews to comply with best practices, standards and factors including extensibility, maintainability, security and performance
* Assess existing architecture/design and recommend improvements/ re-factoring
* Troubleshoot issues and coordinate resolution with operations, functional, and technical teams
* Lead, mentor and coach to team members to adopt best practices, standards and processes
* Works independently on medium to large scale complex projects
What you will need to succeed:
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
* Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in software engineering, architecture and systems integration experience in a fast-paced corporate environment
* Comprehensive engineering experience using Java, J2EE, Web 2.0, JSON, XML
* 5+ years' experience in product development and systems integration using Agile Scrum
* Experience in enterprise application integration products like MuleSoft, WSO2, TIBCO or Open Source frameworks
* Experience in message-oriented middleware like Kafka, RabitMQ, JMS; Webservices (SOAP and REST)
What will make you stand out:
* Data integration experience using ETL products/frameworks like TalendD or Informatica
* Experience working in Linux/Unix environments
* Cloud experience including AWS a plus
* Experience building services using SpringBoot, Camel, ServiceMix, API Gateways
* Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases like Couch DB, Cassandra
* SQL, PL-SQL skills
* Experience in DevOps (CI & CD) including orchestration, version control, code quality and coverage, test automation
* Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and drive resolution with cross functional teams
What's in it for you?
* Competitive global pay and benefits
* Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
* Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it's like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO's in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We'd love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.
About Western Union
Western Union is a global provider of money movement and payment services for consumers and businesses.