Does playing a critical role in protecting customers sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fin-tech company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
We are seeking a Senior Leader, Project Management supporting Western Union (WU) Digital based in our San Francisco, CA office. As a member of the WU Digital Engineering PMO, you will help manage the technical inter-dependencies between cross functional/organizational Engineering teams and working in close partnership with Digital Product PMO. The projects will require the coordination of a wide variety of stakeholders from the WU Digital business and Engineering teams, as well as Infrastructure teams across the globe and multiple time zones. The program at times will need process improvements working with scrum/project teams and business teams for timely delivery of projects. This job is a high visibility position, needing interaction with leadership in the organization.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
* Develop project plans and timelines, track and manage program and project milestones and dependencies
* Proactively identify and mitigate project risks and identify and resolve issues.
* Develop or facilitate development of timelines, dashboards, success metrics, and financial scorecards for each initiative or the program overall, as required.
* Develop and monitor data quality metrics and ensure business data and reporting needs are met.
* Partner closely with PMO partners, Engineering and Scrum Teams and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery.
* Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized
* Provide expert advice and coaching to leads and teams to ensure best practices are followed from planning through execution.
* Work with the project team, business analysts, business SMEs and other stakeholders to assess, design and deliver an efficient and effective operating model solution.
* Develop and support various status reports and ad hoc presentations, data analysis and insight at global level to steering committees, project sponsors, and other stakeholders, as required.
* The individual will be able to facilitate meetings with cross functional teams engaging key stakeholders in business, IT, and Ops groups.
What you will need to succeed:
* Bachelor's degree in a business or technical field
* Minimum 2+ years proven program and project management experience.
* Total experience of more than 4 years
What will make you stand out:
* MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
* Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a fast-changing environment and to effectively manage competing priorities
* Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
* Effective communicator - able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
* Strong influence skills and ability to collaborate with a wide variety of business and engineering stakeholders
* Strong ability to assess risk and apply risk management practices in managing technical product development initiatives
* Jira, Confluence experience a major plus
* Ability and willingness to work across multiple time zones based on business need and the global locations of critical business and engineering team members and stakeholders Management
* Expertise with PowerPoint and Excel
What's in it for you?
* An exciting multicultural working environment with the ability to collaborate and link across borders with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business supported by cutting edge technology and systems.
* Competitive global pay and benefits
* Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
* Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
* Growth and innovation are the story of our past, and they will define our future, so if you are looking to be part of an exciting and innovative organization where your hard work can make a difference then please apply for the role - we would love to hear from you!
What it's like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO's in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We'd love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.
About Western Union
Western Union is a global provider of money movement and payment services for consumers and businesses.