Does playing a critical role in protecting customers sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
We're seeking an Information Security Engineer, based in our Englewood, Colorado office (global headquarters), or Montvale, NJ. In the engineer's role you will be asked to build strategy, (re)build infrastructure and process, and certify Western Union's security stance.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
* Conduct due diligence through complex analysis and investigation of potential and existing Western Union agents using Western Union systems as well as reviewing records from public and private databases
* Escalate certain cases to Western Union leadership and business partners for review
* Assist with special projects as required
* Work cross-functionally with teams across the organization
What you will need to succeed:
The security engineer will have, but is not limited to, the following roles and responsibilities:
* Serves as a technical resource for enterprise
* Experience with Encryption Key Management systems and encryption of Data at Rest and in Transit
* Expert use of SEIM/correlation tool to provide risk assessments for enterprise
* Experience with Web Application Firewalls
* Review, build, rank and escalation point for IDS and IPS systems
* Review escalated IDS/IPS alerts and logs
* Correlate logs and alerts into attack patterns:
* Assess and rank the risk to the enterprise
* Create and lead action plan to reduce risk
* Remediation of vulnerabilities
* Risk ranking and scoring
* Oversight of remediation
* Create solutions and lead efforts to reduce risk
* Review of firewall and perimeter rule sets
* Database security and review
* SSL certification management and review
* Will provide vulnerability assessment and potentially assist in penetration testing
* Maintains and reviews web hosting environment
* Security certification of new and existing production systems
* Provide assistance in research of next generation security issues, 0-day attacks, and provide input on strategy for future security infrastructure and tools Qualifications, Skills, Education:
* BS degree in computing / information systems / MS preferred / 6+ years of information security experience and or network security
* Some industry certifications required, such as: SANS (GCFW, GCIH, GPEN, GCIA, GCFA), CISSP, Microsoft (MCSE+security), Cisco Skills and Qualifications:
* Expert with all versions of Microsoft Windows
* Heavy experience with Active Directory and LDAP
* Strong experience with the linux operating system
* Expert in TCP/IP, reading network packets, network technologies, and perimeter protection technology
* Configuration experience with Cisco hardware and IOS a plus
* Expert in firewall technology, IDS/IPS technology
What will make you stand out:
* Strong skills in web technologies (scripting, SSL, HTTP/S) and their security requirements
* SQL query and manipulation
* Experience with incident response, forensics and evidence preservation
* Can program in multiple languages / scripting languages
* Experience in leading a diverse project team that implements network and system security solutions
* Vulnerability and penetration testing experience and skills
* Excellent writing skills
* Ability to communicate technical security requirements to business units, create strategy, and implement security plans
What's in it for you?
* Competitive global pay and benefits
* Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
* Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it's like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO's in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We'd love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.
About Western Union
Western Union is a global provider of money movement and payment services for consumers and businesses.