Does playing a critical role in protecting customers sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fin-tech company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
We're seeking for a Senior Java Architect / Senior Application Architect, based in our San Francisco California / Denver, Colorado office (global headquarters). Someone with significant functional and technical experience in application architecture to be hands on in designing our next gen platforms. The person must have deep functional expertise with significant technology focus and be able to effectively communicate across application architects, development directors & leads, influencing strategy, and guiding the design and development of functional, technical architecture for WU next gen solutions. This highly visible, individual contributor role is a great opportunity set technical direction and make a huge difference in a material way at a leading fortune 500 company.
Western Union continues to be the leader in cross border cross currency money transfer by investing today to gear up for tomorrow's need and shaping the market. We are currently embarked on building a state of art unified payments platform incorporating innovative use of state of art technologies to provide an outstanding customer experience to efficiently process internal money transfer and payments.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
* Responsible for designing and influencing adoption of highly scalable, high available cloud based micro-services architecture
* Responsible for assisting in development of application architecture roadmap and ongoing maintenance of enterprise architecture blueprint for WU and WU's application transformation program
* Define and document Enterprise Architecture (EA) capability maps, technical standards, architecture & design patterns, industry best practices and act as keeper and evangelizer for repository of reusable artifacts to be utilized across the enterprise
* Ensures adherence to established standards and may consult with senior technology leaders on technology solutions.
* Supports existing business systems applications and may be responsible for leading technical aspects of a project.
* Engage with application leaders and coordinate with other architects to quickly gain understanding of current state, document business and application inter-dependencies, flush out details regarding end state vision and develop multi-year transition roadmap
* Create contextual and conceptual models to document complex business process and capabilities
* Create, manage and use IT/ Technology architecture models
* Define and develop services reference model for a high volume and scale eco-system and evangelize it across various units and audiences within WU to ensure adoption
* Participates and present / coordinates Architecture Review Board for review, development and maintenance of EA function
* Provide comprehensive analysis on opportunities, risks, tradeoff associated with transformation including costs, impact and value and ensures these are properly estimated and controlled across WU' people, process and technology boundaries.
* Collaborate with vendors and represent Western Union at industry forums, enables a culture of continuous learning and identifies opportunities to incorporate best practices or relevant emerging trends into Western Union's skills repository
* Strong communication and influential skills and able to persuasively present view point based on tier of audience
What you will need to succeed:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience
* 8 - 10+ years of experience within Information Technology with a concentration on Application Architecture, Application design & implementation and SAAS.
* Experience developing multi-tenant platform-based architecture and engineering required
* Demonstrated ability to design applications ensuring security, scalable, multi-cloud-based infrastructure
* Experience in influencing the definition, selection, and implementation of tools, technologies for software engineering development
* Experience in Enterprise Architecture (EA) function or relevant experience including producing and reviewing architecture, design documents and effectively communicating with app-dev and infra teams
* Experience in high volume, high velocity engineering application systems required.
* Should have in-depth knowledge of application, application constructs, data architectures and implementations
* Demonstrated ability to identify, POC, influence adoption of innovative technologies into mainstream
What will make you stand out:
* Togaf or equivalent enterprise architecture certification and EA tool experience preferred
* Amazon Architect certifications preferred
What's in it for you?
* Competitive global pay and benefits
* Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
* Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it's like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO's in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We'd love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.
About Western Union
Western Union is a global provider of money movement and payment services for consumers and businesses.