First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
See service from a higher perspective
The Digital Technologies Online Banking IT team is looking for a Senior IT Systems Analyst. In this role, you will work with both IT teams and other internal organizations to gather requirements associated with the New Generation of Online Banking application for desktop and mobile. The Senior IT Systems Analyst reviews and communicates business objectives and translates into technology specific requirements. The position will also collaborate closely with business and technical resources in support of various testing activities and phases. This covers creating requirements for components of the system created by internal FRB IT groups, as well as vendor platforms. This position will be responsible for leveraging advanced analytical, research and problem solving skills to define innovative technology solutions in cooperation with developers to meet business objectives.
The Senior IT Business Systems Analyst will also perform analysis and design activities on complex IT initiatives by eliciting, defining, validating and translating business functional, non-functional and information objectives, then validating them when implemented, as well as preparing status updates on a regular basis to all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess a deep and broad understanding of Information Technology best practices and processes. Additionally a strong and demonstrated strength in analysis and support of consumer banking systems is required.
The Senior IT Systems Anaylst reports to the Digital Technologies Delivery Lead.
What you'll do as a Senior IT Systems Anaylst:
* Elicit, analyze, validate and manage technical requirements definition, flows and deliverables for projects. Perform this by working with business partners to understand work effort requirements and then translate into IT actionable tasks.
* Working closely with the IT team to deliver solution design documents and requirements. Partner closely with technical teams supporting data movement, application development and testing. Diligently support and lead where needed various activities between the teams to ensure the business and technical requirements and objectives are met. Ensure appropriate project documentation is compiled and proper review and approvals from respective teams as gathered and collated.
* Contribute to the the overall system(s) design. Evaluate current processes and procedures to ensure relevance and accuracy. Make recommendations for changes and keep documentation current.
* Perform as the subject matter expert on the various consumer banking systems and processes assigned. Inclusive of this is gathering a deep understanding of the data within the systems and business processes supported by the system(s).
* Build critical working relationships with the business and users communities through gathering a thorough understanding of the business models and processes employed.
* Specify and fully document application customizations that would bear scrutiny by an internal audit or external regulators.
* Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
* Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* Excellent analytical skills
* Broad and deep knowledge of consumer online banking practices
* Excellent communications and writing skills
* Ability to work with data, data mapping, data modeling and data lineage
* Should have familiarity with consumer online banking applications and associated vendor application such as Bill Pay, Cash Edge products, mobile check deposit, BSA/AML requirements and strong financial services background
* Strong skills across various databases including Oracle, SQL Server
* Proficient in software development life cycle - including requirement analysis, preparing high - level program technical specifications after analyzing business requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and troubleshooting in various capacities ranging from Team Member to a Project Leader under tight deadlines
* Experience with Agile software development methods
* Supports the process of translating business needs into formal deliverables
* Participates in design, development and implementation of Consumer banking technology platform(s) to satisfy internal and external regulatory requirements
* Proven knowledge and robust understanding of banking and payments industry and processes
* Expertise in innovation and the ability to think strategically about how to advance business-led solutions
* Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
* Strong sense of prioritization and execution against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership for key projects / issue resolution
* A track record demonstrating a high level of personal initiative, setting and achieving challenging goals, and demonstrating entrepreneurial leadership
* Team player
* Provides extraordinary service
* Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.