At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
The Lead Developer will manage a large initiative at First Republic Bank. The Lead Developer will specialize in multiple areas, should be extremely adaptable, and will demonstrate the ability to coordinate multiple teams, delivering multiple highly complex projects/solutions. The role will be the ultimate owner for specific solutions, from identifying impacted areas and the right candidates, scope, requirements, technology delivery governance, design, testing, timeline, and budget. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved. The Lead Developer will be a visible and influential people leader, able to inspire, guide and train resources.
In addition to these more general cross functional responsibilities, the Lead Developer will also be responsible for the following:
* Serves as the technical lead delivering on the suite of projects/initiative; defines and manages all aspects of technical delivery including scope, budget, financial forecasting and scheduling. * Coordinates all resources in the related product area. * Determines resource requirements and procures resources; manages contract project and/or program resources. * Facilitates impact analysis of current/existing technologies on the program. * Manages vendor relationship management for project-related vendors; supports enterprise vendor management standards and coordinates initial contracts, contract renewals, and addenda to contracts with key project vendors. * Supports management in data gathering for regulatory and third party reviews.
Education / work experience:
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing software for a financial institution. * Total 7 - 10 years related experience in IT. * Must have 2 + years of experience in design and implementation of Banking technology. * Development experience with latest Appian version using Agile / SCRUM methodology. * Ability to convert the Process requirements to Prototypes and screen flows for demonstration to business. * Experience in estimation, coordination with onshore and offshore teams and delegating work. * Around 3 years of specialized experience in software delivery or software development (Java/JEE). * Assist clients in identifying other business process opportunities that could be targeted with Appian's software.
Experience or working knowledge in each of the following technologies:
Professional skill / competency:
* Expert at managing by influence to achieve goals through departments and staff not directly in a reporting relationship. * Strong business orientation with broad experience with banking processes, technology and change initiatives. * Understands business processes, appropriate application of technology in supporting those processes, and the common technical complexity / considerations when evaluating new products or process options. * Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business. * Focus on development of organizational capabilities and resources to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank.
Leadership skill / competency:
* Demonstrated leadership, planning, and managerial skills with ability to contribute broadly at any level. * Pragmatic with an ability to generate trust and build alliances across business and functional lines. * Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making.
Personal skill / competency:
* Strategic perspective and business acumen. Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future. * Communication skills. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings; commands attention and can manage group process during presentation/ discussion. * Change management. Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; takes initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done. * Negotiation skills. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic. * Peer relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens. * Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person. * Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions. * Position involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.