Partners Data Systems
We are seeking individuals with are passionate about technology, to provide complex upgrade services to our SaaS solutions. Reporting to the Manager of Customer Support, this individual will work closely with Engineering, Customer Support, and Customer Success Managers to upgrade our customers to the latest software versions. This position is an integral part of Apptio's long-term relationship with its global customers, and the efforts put forth by this individual will directly impact the long-term success of the relationship. In order to succeed in this team, this individual must have the passion and energy to work in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment.
Apptio support is a global 24/7 team whose mission is to provide our customers with world class support. We strive to go above and beyond for our customers ensuring their success using our Apptio products.
What we want you to do:
We are looking for an Upgrade Engineer to provide complex upgrade services of our flagship SaaS solution. Reporting to the Manager of the Upgrade Team, this individual will work closely with our customers, Customer Success Management team, Quality Assurance, Customer Support, Engineering and field delivery personnel to provide upgrade management services including scheduling, workaround implementations and bug tracking management. This position is an integral part of Apptio's long-term mission to provide seamless platform upgrades, and the efforts put forth by this individual will directly impact the long-term success of the customer lifecycle. In order to succeed in this team, this individual must have the passion and energy to work in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment.
* Manage upgrade requests from the field including organization and priority setting based on pre-defined criteria.
* Own customer upgrade experience, including expectation management and schedule setting to meet customer's scheduling restrictions.
* Work with CSM and customer to understand and determine use cases to be used by QA during manual and automatic upgrade processes.
* Design and implement configuration changes to work around upgrade issues.
* Manage and implement against known upgrade issue list, providing workarounds if applicable.
* Work with QA to validate upgrade configuration/platform related issues found during automated upgrade regression testing.
* Work with QA to create new "Rules" for our automated upgrade tool enhancements.
* Manage MRD (Major Release Deployment) tickets and scheduling.
* 2+ years of technical support, system implementation/administration experience
* 4 year degree in engineering, computer science, MIS, finance or equivalent preferred
* Basic programming skills, e.g. HTML, SQL.
* Alternate description - 2-5 years of solid experience in a business or technical analyst role for medium to large scale business software implementation projects
Technical Domain Focus:
* Knowledge and application of relational database concepts.
* Skilled at analyzing large data sets, quickly detecting and resolving data-related issues.
* Extremely proficient in data manipulation and reporting, quickly detecting and resolving data-gap issues.
* Basic programming skills, e.g. HTML, SQL
* Strong project management skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong to expert skills in data analysis/manipulation.
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to quickly comprehend complex spreadsheets/data in order to streamline the underlying processes into the Apptio solution; versed in formulaic logic (e.g. Excel).
* Self-starter - able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance.
* Ability to quickly context-switch between multiple complex work streams.
* Leverage domain knowledge and deep product skills to quickly gain understanding of the intent of a delivered solution.
* Instinctive ability to subdivide problems into basic components in order to efficiently pinpoint root cause of issues.
* Client-focused attitude - customers advocate.
* Team player with solid communication and presentation skills.
* Competent with packaged application software implementation practices.
* High-level knowledge of enterprise IT organizational, business, and technical environments.
Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio's software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.