Partners Data Systems
Armor is seeking a talented, highly-motivated and very technical individual to serve as our Linux L3 Escalation Engineer. Daily, engineers perform logical and physical provisioning, migration, implementation and technical consultation to internal and external customers via telephone, and tickets. Ideal candidates for this position will possess exceptionally high skills in Linux operating systems, the web hosting industry, and virtualization in a service-provider model with great organization and customer service skills.
Linux L3 Escalation Engineer Essential Duties and Responsibilities : ( Additional duties may be assigned as required)
* Serve as escalation point for the Level 1 & 2 Support Teams
* Troubleshoot advanced issues in support of Cloud Application services that are geared towards a security centric environment
* Complete Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations to determine cause of an outage or event
* Troubleshoot advanced issues, configure, and tune systems.
* Install software, patches, upgrades, applications within SLA/escalation guidelines
* Perform website and application migrations on new and existing cloud servers
* Complete Problem Investigation tickets to resolve advanced recurring issues within customer's environment
* Resolve advanced technical and logical support inquiries via phone and tickets
* Script automation tools to make work faster and more accurate
* Continually identify efficiencies for systems, processes and procedures
* Advanced Linux Server (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) installation, administration, and troubleshooting
* VMWare shop. Able to troubleshoot environment in vCenter and VCD
* Web Servers: Apache, Nginx (installation, administration, and troubleshooting)
* Database administration - Intermediate MySQL support. Troubleshoot jobs and replication issues
* CMS: Alfresco, Drupal, WordPress (installation, administration)
* TCP/IP, related protocols and network card optimizations
* Able to handle private and confidential information with physical and ethical care
* Able to administer hosted services, such as email clients/servers, FTP clients/servers, virtualization technologies, and web site migrations involving databases
* Able to confidently manage servers via the command line
* Able to promptly respond to inquiries via email, telephone, ticketing systems and other electronic communications
* Able to multi-task, prioritize, and resolve multiple customer inquiries at once
* Able to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues
Education and/or Experience:
* Minimum five years performing advanced Linux Systems Administration tasks (required)
* Minimum three years working in web hosting (preferred)
* Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The work environment may be in either an office setting, at the company's data center, or at a third-party location for training.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the company to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment, including in selection for job opportunities, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.