Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - California - Foster City|US - California - Hayward|US - California - San Francisco|US - California - San Jose|US - California - Santa Clara|US - California - South San Francisco|US - California - Sunnyvale
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: inventory management. This position will utilize the systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: RIMS, eFinity, SAP and the Microsoft Office suite. Strong communication skills are also required.
* Assists in organizing the staff and workload to meet or exceed productivity performance standards for UnityTM Lab Services. Provides functional supervision to team members by performing site coverage as needed. May assist in the cross training of associates and the training of new hires.
* Directs the workflow of the team in support of contractual obligations and in line with established best practices.
* Acts as subject matter expert to answer employee, customer and sales representative's questions and resolve problems. Expertise should include:
* Detailed knowledge of customer pricing agreements and relevant systems
* Work instructions
* Standard Operating Procedures
* Best Practices
* Assists with data collection, report generation and site metric development in support of contractual obligations and best practice methodologies.
* Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP's & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
* Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
* Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
* Demonstrates proficiency at capturing, presenting and explaining job or site specific performance metrics.
* Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
* Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
* Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
* Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
* Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
* Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
* Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Duties may include:
* Inventory Management:
* Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
* Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
* Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, adjust reorder points as needed, and other functions according to customer requirements.
* Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
* Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
* Sourcing/Order Management:
* Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
* RiMS and eFinity interrelated ordering process. Placing daily orders in support of entire site.
* Knowledge of placing orders, expediting, procurement and logistics is a critical part of this position.
* Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
* Must possess a minimum High School Diploma or GED.
* Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
* 3-5 years of progressive relevant experience required
* Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
* Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I Values
* Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
* Experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus
* Proven excellence in customer service skills
* Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
* Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
* Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
* Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
* Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
* Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
* Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
* Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
* May be required to work independently at customer location.
* Extensive walking is required.
* May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
* Must be able to lift, push and pull 50 pounds consistently.
* Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
* Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets, safety glasses and/or safety gloves.
* Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats.
* Must be able to work overtime as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global provider of laboratory products and services, life science solutions, analytical instruments, and specialty diagnostics.