Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Cambridge
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: The daily leadership of 2-3 Site UnityTM Lab Services personnel, enabling the team to deliver consistently high quality lab support services to our clients. Assisting in meeting the goals and objectives of the customer location, as determined by customer requirements. This can include production scheduling, training activities, providing subject matter expertise, and safety representation. Act as liaison on behalf of customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
What will you do?
* Assists in organizing the staff and workload to meet or exceed productivity performance standards for UnityTM Lab Services. Provides functional supervision to team members by performing site coverage as needed. May assist in the cross training of associates and the training of new hires.
* Under the direction of the Site Supervisor or Site Manager:
* Facilitates and directs team meetings
* Identifies training and site service personnel skills enhancement opportunities and reports to the supervisor.
* Assist with time card review and approval.
* Assists with preparing performance appraisals for site personnel.
* Reviews site employee errors and trains/coaches so potential errors are eliminated.
* Provides daily on-going training
* Participate in project meetings
* Directs the workflow of the team in support of contractual obligations and in line with established best practices.
* Acts as subject matter expert to answer employee and customer questions and resolve problems. Expertise should include:
* Knowledge of customer service agreement, service level agreements and relevant systems
* Work instructions
* Standard Operating Procedures
* Best Practices
* Assists with data collection, report generation and site metric development in support of contractual obligations and best practice methodologies.
* Embraces PPI methodologies.
* Works effectively with a diverse cross functional team.
* Performs daily duties of a Senior Site Specialist, Site Specialist or Site Technician.
* Answer customer questions and responds to/resolves problems.
* Meets with customers proactively to help determine ongoing needs. Informs site employees of special customer requirements, resolves problems and keeps employees informed of corrective action.
* Provides technical support to customer and specialists regarding special systems, products or procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Support the Quality Management System by:
* Development, maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP's) in fulfillment of the requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations of our interested parties (internal / external).
* Identify and report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality function and take immediate actions to remedy.
* Complete all planned or unplanned quality & compliance training requirements within defined deadlines
Job-Specific Duties may include:
* Sourcing/Order Management:
* Chemical Management:
* Glassware Washing:
* Shipping / Receiving:
* Surplus Asset Management
How will you get here?
High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Must be able to read, write and speak English.
* Must have three to five years of progressive relevant experience.
* Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
* Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I Values.
* Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
* Proven excellence in customer service skills.
* Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
* Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
* Must be able to lift, push and/or pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global provider of laboratory products and services, life science solutions, analytical instruments, and specialty diagnostics.