Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - Maryland - Frederick
What You Will Be A Part Of:
This position functions as part of a team of analysts in the newly renovated Center of Excellence and our Frederick-based Security Operations Center for Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Senior Analyst will be the technical lead among a group of Analysts responsible for monitoring and investigating anomalous network activity and alerts, participating in triage/mitigation of threats, and threat hunting to develop new use cases for incident response.
What You Will Do:
* Monitoring and analysis of alerts and anomalous network activity
* Full incident response and remediation efforts
* Threat hunting in pursuit of additional use cases
* Leverage threat intelligence to tune tools and alerts
* Present incident briefs and new use cases to leadership
* Mentor Tier-1 Analysts
* Assist in the deployment and testing of new solutions
* Recommend process improvements to improve KPIs
How You Will Get Here:
* Bachelor's Degree in Cyber Security, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent work experience acceptable
* 4+ years of combined experience in cybersecurity, security engineering and/or architecture, security operations, or related fields
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
* Must have excellent time management skills
* Must possess excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
* Clear command of the English language
* Knowledge of Networking (TCP/IP, OSI Model, Wireless, Routing and Switching)
* Experience applying Cyber Security concepts and best practice
* Advanced Knowledge of OS's (Windows, MAC, Linux variants)
* Advanced understanding of attack vectors
* Excellent organization and communication skills
CSA+, Network+, Security+, GSEC, GCIH, GMON, ECSA or related certification(s) a plus
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers biotechnology product development services.