Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - California - Carlsbad|US - Massachusetts - Waltham|US - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh
This Business Analyst (BA) position is a part of the IT Business Services, Integrations, and Corporate Finance (SIF) team that supports a variety of Corporate Finance functions and applications. Corporate Finance consists of Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury Management, Tax and Accounting as well as Operational Finance across the whole of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The BA role supports our business stakeholders and wider IT teams who are solving finance needs and problems. A key part of the BA's job will be to manage the support and operations of several financial systems, including answer end user support and feature requests, whilst providing input into strategic projects and programs, acting as a partner to our business user groups.
This role requires and individual who is able to quickly grasp concepts and system capabilities and turn them into results for our business users. Whether this be through resolving a system issue, working to recommend a path forward or analyzing business requirements and turning them into solutions, this role requires a person who is a self-starter and has good customer engagement qualities.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Understands the architecture and technology that supports the financial systems
* Develops comprehensive understanding of the business processes as well as a strong working rapport with business users.
* Works with the wider IT team to provide support to the business
* Creates documentation to support the feature and enhancement requests
* Becomes a Subject Matter Expert on the systems and their capabilities
* Facilitate the capturing of functional business requirements by gathering, analyzing and documenting the requirements in a way that can be understood by a diverse audience (technical and non-technical alike).
* Assist in user workshops to define requirements, write use and business cases, and design workflow processes.
* Interface with technical managers and teams.
* Collaborate with counterparts in IT to create and validate business requirements and project specification documents.
* Work with IT partners to translate requirements into technical specifications.
* Assist team with development of functional test plans and facilitate user acceptance process.
* Aid technical partners in the creation and modification to application architectures and participate in design reviews for traceability to requirements.
* Verify configuration aligns with business requirements.
* Execute configuration changes.
* Stay current on technology trends and software solution offerings form vendors.
* Triage issues, ensure issue resolution and escalate issues as needed.
* Perform other operational and administrative responsibilities for supported applications.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
* Strong technical analysis skills and abilities to quickly understand systems and processes, understand user requirements and provide recommendations.
* Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with internal customers in a non-technical manner.
* Must be able to work effectively as a member of a Team and in a matrix reporting environment.
* Must be able to work with and effectively communicate (listen, speak, present and write) to all levels within the company and build working relationship with others outside of the Team.
* Ability to organize, disseminate information efficiently and set expectations.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, SharePoint as well as other project management and time tracking tools.
* Ability to multi-task and work with cross-functional teams in a very fast- paced environment.
* Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and "take ownership of issues and task".
* Ability to work as a team member and contribute to the overall success of a team as well as work independently and handle multiple tasks.
* Must be self-confident, assertive and self-motivated.
* Technical support experience is a plus.
* Experience in both Agile and Waterfall Methodologies is a plus.
* Project Management experience is a plus.
* Financial Systems experience is a plus
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global provider of laboratory products and services, life science solutions, analytical instruments, and specialty diagnostics.