Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - Maryland - Frederick
How you'll make an impact
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $20 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we're uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Senior Project Manager, Data Privacy has responsibility in leading various data privacy projects as assigned by the GDPO. This Project Manager will be a member of the Data Privacy Leadership team with GDPO and Director, Data Privacy Operations. S/he will be expected to drive several high-profile projects associated global data privacy capabilities. The Data Privacy Senior Project Manager will work closely with functional business groups to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives. The role will be closely aligned with the Cyber Security Program Management team.
What you'll do
* Successfully lead large and complex global projects to ensure business goals and objectives are delivered
* Deliver the assigned projects to successful conclusion (on time, on budget, and scope delivered)
* Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of programs
* Follow defined project management framework and processes to execute projects ensuring compliance with all deliverables and stage gate reviews
* Assist or lead the development of business requirements, solution design & delivery, testing and training
* Lead the detailed planning and management of projects through to completion
* Escalate, explain, and offer proactive solutions when risks/issues to projects are causing failure or inability to complete on time or budget.
* Continuously improve processes, tasks, and milestones using feedback and lessons learned as input into existing or future project plans
* Maintain the appropriate metrics related to project activities and submit in accordance with required procedures
* Coach, mentor, and motivate project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
* Conduct project closeouts and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
* Maintain extensive knowledge and expertise in project management disciplines, as well as multiple business processes and/or technical areas
* Present regularly to leadership on success of projects and program initiatives
* Work with other Thermo Fisher team members to spread project management standards, disciplines and rigor
* Perform other duties as assigned
How you will get here
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Law, Project Management, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience acceptable
* 7+ years of related experience managing regulatory change, risk management, legal operations or IT projects
* Expert experience in running large complex programs
* PMP certification or equivalent desired
* Data Privacy (GDPR preferred), Regulatory Change, Cybersecurity, Information Assurance, or Risk Management work experience highly preferred
* ITIL Foundations V3 certification desired
* Strong familiarity with project management standards and methodologies including PMI Body of Knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Ability to understand the final result and to translate that result into actionable steps
* Proven ability to lead a matrixed team of professionals to complete projects on time
* Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
* Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
* Able to assume and complete assignments independently
* Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
* Advanced knowledge in creating and maintaining management level and detailed project plans utilizing Microsoft products
* Excellent customer service skills required
* Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
* Up to 20% travel
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global provider of laboratory products and services, life science solutions, analytical instruments, and specialty diagnostics.