Senior EOIR Engineer
Req #: 220896
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
CACI is seeking a cleared Electro-Optics and Infrared (EOIR) engineer to join our integrated contractor / government team responsible for full acquisition life cycle support of state of the art target acquisition sensors for the Army. As a contributing member of the Product Management Office (PMO), you will help save lives by providing world-class Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR) sensors to Soldiers to enhance their lethality and survivability. You will perform a variety of complex engineering tasks of an analysis, design, or test nature.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Apply your expertise to the full life-cycle systems engineering process for EOIR sensor systems
* Perform engineering review and analysis of vendor deliverables (e.g. drawings, designs, reports) related to requirements analysis, interface design, system design, and system performance
* Support formal Government technical reviews, including Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Test Readiness Review (TRR), System Verification Review (SVR) and Physical Configuration Audit (PCA)
* Effectively communicate with leadership and multiple geographically-dispersed stakeholders to communicate status and maintain support for the program
* Perform as a critical thinker, able to work without direction, take tasks to completion, and provide technical solutions to the customer
* Collaborate with various team members to resolve system engineering issues and actions.
* Develop technical documentation in support of Milestone Decisions
* Track user requirements and their translation into system requirements and specifications
* Conduct market research on state-of-art technologies and vendors
* Apply standard practices and techniques in specific engineering assignments and prepare data and documentation when applicable
* Advise on the integration of new and existing platforms at system level for cost, schedule, and performance impacts
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Active Secret Clearance
* 10+ years' experience in analysis, design, test, production and integration of infrared and electro-optical sensors on platforms (ground vehicles desired)
* Experience with optical designs, laser protection, and cryogenically cooled focal plan arrays
* Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of personalities
* Strong ability to take vague tasks or independently identify needs, think critically, and deliver exceptional results with minimal guidance
* Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
* Demonstrated technical, analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience performing engineering analysis and critical reviews of technical artifacts for PDR, CDR, TRR, SVR, and PCA
* Deep knowledge of electro-mechanical, optical, and software systems and their application in an operational environment
* Experience developing performance specifications and interface control documents.
* Demonstrated time management and organizational skill
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
* University Degree (BA/BS) in systems engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience with Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR) sensors
* Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) level III certification in Engineering
* Experience in an Army Product Management Office with Army Category (ACAT) level I or II programs
* Experience with Modeling & Simulation
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Fort Belvoir-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.