Location: San Francisco, CA
Smartphones and the internet have transformed our day-to-day lives, but our cars have been left behind. At Automatic Labs (automatic.com), we're changing that - we want to help people drive smarter and bring the power of connectivity to every car. Automatic is a team of smart and talented professionals working to transform people's relationships with their cars and driving. We're low on ego and honor individuals who go above and beyond to make a difference in the product and in the lives of their teammates. Automatic Labs is a subsidiary of SiriusXM.
The position of Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for ensuring that we maintain a high bar for the products we develop and ship at Automatic Labs, testing everything from mobile apps through to hardware devices and web based experiences. QA Engineers work with many departments including contributing to the product and design teams, the hardware qualification process and working with partners in the Automatic ecosystem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ownership and pride for quality of our software releases within the organization.
* Constructs test cases to validate new products and features for our consumer or enterprise customers.
* Conducts unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, and stress/load testing of new and existing products in the market.
* Assists in developing quality assurance and test plans based on established specifications.
* Understands the integration of our software / hardware products to automobiles and perform regular drive testing of the company vehicles.
* Works to implement automation in the QA team as an individual contributor.
* Collaborates with Product and Engineering to balance priorities with schedules and to ensure our products are fully tested and working.
* 4-5 years Quality Assurance testing background in a production environment.
* Experience in testing mobile clients (iOS, Android) and hardware devices.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Team player with excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Passion for testing with an understanding of QA methodologies.
* An understanding of software and hardware development processes.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in an organized and timely manner.
* Interface with cross functional teams from design, through to product and engineering.
* Self-starter with creative problem solving skills and hunger to learn.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience writing software test plans and test cases
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.