Location: New York, NY
The Manager, Application Development - Java (SMS Maintenance) will be responsible for analyzing, developing, customizing and enhancing the SiriusXM Subscriber Management System (SMS). The Manager will be part of the maintenance team that is responsible for ensuring production stability and support, investigation of key production issues, and SDLC work including development and testing of fixes, of internal and external web-based applications. Primary areas of responsibility will include development for key Java based interfacing applications in an enterprise system. The subscriber management system manages our entire 34+ million subscriber base and is a critical tool for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead a team of developers for key Java based interfacing applications in an enterprise system.
* Actively work in an agile framework on tickets included in Sprints and update the tickets with template details.
* Perform peer testing and code reviews.
* Engage with qa, uat, other stakeholders for all tickets that are assigned to individual/team.
* Run sprint planning and daily scrum calls.
* Support QA and UAT as necessary in the sprint.
* Assist in performance testing in an effort to ensure that all applications are highly scalable and can support high volumes of traffic.
* Awareness of compliance issues.
* Ability to work independently on investigation tasks.
* Participate in technical design document reviews.
* Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager.
* There will be supervisory responsibilities associated with this role.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 5+ years in software development (java).
* 3+ years of Web/Service development.
* 1-2 years in a lead role.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Must be able to effectively communicate with and support other team members and groups.
* Must have the ability to work from business requirements and technical design.
* Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to work effectively as part of a project team and foster team cooperation.
* Must show initiative in completing tasks and be able to perform duties with minimal management oversight.
* Must be quick learner to be able to pick up in a highly customized environment.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Hands-on experience in MVC framework: Struts2, Spring MVC or similar.
* Selenium, TestNG, JUnit.
* SQL - Oracle SqlPlus, MySQL, ODBC, Toad.
* Tibco - Or similar Enterprise Service Bus technology.
* GIT, GIT-Flow model.
* Unix or Linux - Scripting.
* MS Office - Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.