Location: New York, NY
The Voice User Interface Senior Designer role will report to the Director, Streaming Experience Design and will collaborate closely with the overall design team to best support and execute the various product design needs of the SiriusXM user experience group (focusing on both our streaming applications and OEM design programs). This includes but is not limited to: conversational design, voice prototyping, writing sample dialogs, designing personas, concepting, whiteboarding, IA design, wireframing, competitive benchmarking, etc. This designer will also collaborate with our external design agency, product managers, engineers, streaming and OEM service partners and other corporate stakeholders to clearly communicate and document the vision of the user experience group so that it can then be implemented by our engineering teams or by 3rd Party engineering teams. All work will be done using an iterative, agile-development, methodology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Follow industry best practices and company conventions to develop engaging user experiences using the latest VUX trends.
* Work closely with our user experience group and product team members to efficiently design and develop features and functions for our various streaming and OEM products.
* Develop detailed personas that form the basis of on-brand conversational personalities.
* Remain well-versed in UI standards, key-platform HIGs, and emerging trends in the fast-evolving voice user experience space.
* Design for multi-modal experiences where voice, touch and focus interactions are all possible.
* Design for frequency of use, where the voice assistant gets smarter over time, learning a user's most common questions and needs.
* Document conversational design experiences in a clear and detailed manner, both for engineering consumption as well as executive-level summaries.
* Present design process & decisions to stakeholders with rationale and potential alternatives.
* Create voice prototypes to illustrate key concepts.
* Respond to engineering requests for clarification/alteration in a timely manner.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
* 5-10 years experience within the UX design industry.
* At least 2 years experience designing conversational interfaces.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Excellent writing skills, both for creative writing and documentation.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* A deep understanding of the principles of conversational design.
* Dialog writing skills to be able to write in various "voices" as the experience demands.
* Experience in writing speech-enabled interactions across multiple contexts and devices.
* Experience with prototyping voice experiences.
* Experience working with the main in-market voice UIs including Alexa, Google Home and Siri.
* Experience with audio recording software and production.
* Experience with voice interactions inside the vehicle.
* Experience with overall in-vehicle design, and NHTSA guidelines is a bonus.
* Experience working with large consumer-facing media clients is a bonus.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Adobe suite including XD, Photoshop & Audition.
* Audio recording/editing software (Pro Tools etc.).
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.