Location: Irving, TX
Subject Matter Expert (SME) for vehicle interfaces with automotive OEMs or Tier 1 suppliers, including OTA protocols and OTA security. Principal vehicle system contact with OEM and relevant Tier 1 partners. Works as a solutions architect to design solutions for implementing features required by OEM. Works cohesively with company architecture and engineering teams to ensure technical solutions are compatible with company internal architecture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Creates System Requirements Specifications (SRS) for OEM specific programs.
* Creates/interprets OTA protocol specifications for vehicle interfaces with Automotive OEMs and/or Tier 1 suppliers for vehicle services.
* Serves as the principal vehicle system contact with OEM and relevant Tier 1 partners.
* Works cohesively with company architecture and engineering teams to ensure technical solutions are compatible with company internal architecture.
* Serves as the solutions architect for OEM telematics features
* Works to define initial connectivity for interfaces.
* Serves as an active member of Agile team.
* Supports effective management of costs related to department budget.
* Performs tasks with minimal supervision.
* Produces artifacts for the assigned program(s) with accuracy and quality driven focus.
* Remains current with company internal architecture design strategy.
* Follows team best practices.
* Is viewed by the OEM and internal team as primary technical lead for the assigned program.
* B.S. Engineering or Computer Science degree
* 3 years relevant work experience
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Remains current with Company internal architecture design strategy.
* Very good oral and written communication abilities needed to interface directly with OEM and Tier 1 in technical discussions
* Travel required to OEM and partner locations as necessary
* Follows team best practices.
* Supports effective management of costs related to Department budget
* Perform tasks with moderate supervision
* Produce artifacts for the assigned program(s) with accuracy and quality driven focus
* Have basic knowledge of telematics platform with an aptitude of learning enterprise components
* Shows an aptitude to acquire knowledge about applicable technologies
* Is viewed by the OEM and internal team as important technical contributor
* Possess leadership capabilities when driving technical discussions internally as well as externally.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
* Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills
* Strong organizational skills and attention to details
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Understanding of wireless networks/technology, vehicle sub-systems, OTA protocols and security principles.
* TLS, RESTful, MQTT, SMS, VoLTE, OAuth2
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.