Location: Irving, TX
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, documenting and integrating components for OEM implementations of a Sirius XM Radio. The main languages used are C++ and Java in QNX, Linux, and Android environments.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of designing, implementing, and testing sophisticated software architectures and will have been directly responsible for architecting and developing software. This position requires a detail oriented individual that is a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Translate product teams' business requirements and objectives into technical applications and solutions for advanced features of a combined streaming and satellite Sirius XM Radio.
* Provide primary (level 1) technical support to Sirius XM's automotive partners in their design efforts and triage/troubleshoot issues.
* Provide risk analysis, prioritization, and scheduling of outstanding change requests (bugs) and feature enhancements.
* Provide regular and accurate reports to the Senior Director of Software Application Development and perform special projects, lab/field testing, and other duties as necessary.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent, relevant experience. Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
* 5-10 years of successful, relevant software development and validation experience. Acceptable product areas include:
* Automotive sound manufacturers (radio head units, CD Players, telematics systems, navigation systems, etc.),
* Android or iOS Apps,
* Mobile telephone systems,
* Satellite receivers,
* Automotive engine controllers,
* Blue Tooth and/or WiFi products.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Expertise in C++ in an embedded environment.
* Expertise in Java and Android.
* Expertise in object oriented methodologies, and system software design concepts.
* Working knowledge of scripting languages (Ruby, Python).
* Working knowledge of XML, JSON, HTML.
* Experience in participating in formal documentation and source code reviews, providing relevant and insightful feedback to team members.
* Familiarity of formal software design and agile processes.
* Familiarity with configuration management and defect tracking tools (GIT, HP Quality Center, JIRA).
* Knowledge of unit testing best practices.
* Familiarity with configuration management and defect tracking tools.
* Ability to use MS Word, Excel and Access; including style sheet and macro development.
* Working knowledge with REST HTTP protocols.
* Familiarity with both Windows and Linux-based Operating Systems.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.