Hub Group, Inc (NASDAQ: HUBG) is a $4 billion provider of multi-modal transportation services. Our 4,000 employees deliver innovative solutions and industry leading service to help our customers better control their supply chains and associated costs. Our collaborative and inclusive culture offers extensive career development and learning opportunities. We were recently ranked in the top 25 of America's Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.
Hub Group is looking for a motivated and forward thinking Senior DevOps Engineer to help advanced server and container/application deployment automation within the Hub Group on premise and cloud environments. The position will be instrumental in shaping the automation of Hub Group's application deployment and infrastructure in the cloud by researching, recommending, and implementing technology. The candidate will also be the SME for Devops and as such will mentor members of the infrastructure team on best practices.
Essential Job Functions
* Design, build and deploy server automation and configuration management utilizing best of breed technologies such as Chef or Terraform.
* Manage and maintain container/orchestration environment.
* Collaborate with Hub Group development teams to build and automate code deployments to production environments using CI/CD best practices.
* Document process and procedure for use by junior me members of the team to utilize for ongoing support of the environments.
* Assists software engineers and other ops team members in implementing and troubleshooting cloud infrastructure solutions
* Design, build, and implement monitoring solutions for code deployment process and infrastructure automation.
* Other duties as directed by management
* Advanced understanding of Devops best practices, approaches and methodologies.
* 3 years of managing a container and orchestration platform (Docker or Kubernetes)
* 5 years of advanced Linux administration skills.
* 3 years of experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure. Utilizing technologies such as Chef or Terraform.
* 3 years of experience with source control software such as Git and SVN.
* 3 years of experience scripting and maintaining application deploys into production environments utilizing Jenkins or similar technologies.
* Experience working on Agile development teams.
* Experience building and maintaining continuous delivery pipelines
* 3 years of experience with managing container environments, build processes, and deployment automation.
* BS/MS in computer science/engineering, or relevant engineering discipline/experience preferred.
* Experience with MonogoDB a plus
* Strong oral and written communication skills
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. Hub Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About Hub Group
Hub Group is an asset-light freight transportation management company, providing intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services.