Hub Group, Inc (NASDAQ: HUBG) is a $4 billion provider of multi-modal transportation services. Our 4,000 employees deliver innovative solutions and industry leading service to help our customers better control their supply chains and associated costs. Our collaborative and inclusive culture offers extensive career development and learning opportunities. We were recently ranked in the top 25 of America's Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.
The Business Systems Analyst is a member of the Information Technology organization and interacts heavily with colleagues in business operations particularly Finance and Accounting. Responsible for the overall design, deployment, and support of technology solutions within the suite of applications supporting the business operations. This individual will collaborate and work jointly with various internal IT teams, external business partners, implementation partners, and software providers.
Essential Job Functions
* Supports and partners with business users to understand/define their business processes and align technology solutions to those processes.
* Researches and understands industry trends and brings in industry best practices to drive the implementation of business systems.
* Works closely with other IT business analysts and domain experts (such as Security, Infrastructure, Middleware, etc.) to ensure the optimization of the entire enterprise solution.
* Responsible for quality assurance, and the day-to-day activities to ensure that information systems function reliably.
* Contributes to all phases of system delivery, including requirements, design, development, training, data conversion, testing and maintenance to achieve the successful development and implementation of the customer's business need.
* Liaisons with external vendors to understand and assess service/product offerings, track performance to service level agreements, and maintain reliability and availability.
* Responsible for investigation, diagnosis, and resolution of system incidents.
* Manages service requests with external vendors and performs system maintenance.
* Identifies solutions consistent with our strategy to leverage SaaS, Hosted, and Managed solutions.
* Participates in determining how IT services will be delivered to meet business requirements.
* Enforce all Sarbanes Oxley audit requirements.
* Duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time.
* 4-year college degree, or equivalent experience, preferably in Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
* 3 years' experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
* Experience supporting packaged software solutions; ERP applications a plus.
* Experience with Cloud Financial applications preferred.
* Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Familiarity with SQL & PL/SQL a plus.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. Hub Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (630) 795-2164 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About Hub Group
Hub Group is an asset-light freight transportation management company, providing intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services.