Hub Group, Inc (NASDAQ: HUBG) is a $4 billion provider of multi-modal transportation services. Our 4,000 employees deliver innovative solutions and industry leading service to help our customers better control their supply chains and associated costs. Our collaborative and inclusive culture offers extensive career development and learning opportunities. We were recently ranked in the top 25 of America's Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.
The Information Security Analyst is responsible for assisting the Information Security Team in supporting the organization in measuring and managing the information security program. The position will also be responsible for performing application, host and network threat assessments to identify, evaluate and mitigate security risks, threats and vulnerabilities. The Information Security Analyst will work with employees across the organization to develop action plans to mitigate identified vulnerabilities and build a culture of effective information security. This position reports to the Manager of Information Security.
Essential Job Functions
* Work with the Information Security Team to improve the security for the company by configuring and administering security systems and tools.
* Automate security processes whenever possible.
* Analyze logs to detect security vulnerabilities or malicious activity.
* Respond to security incidents and report on incident handling and resolution.
* Manage and improve endpoint security posture.
* Perform security scans of the network devices, systems, and applications.
* Manage firewalls, load balancers, and web application firewalls (WAF).
* Proactively research to identify and understand new threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits.
* Work with external resources involved in the performance of security penetration testing.
* Monitor key security systems to produce business-relevant metrics.
* Periodically test and evaluate Information Security controls to assure compliance with policies.
* Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
* Strong planning and organizing skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
* Excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbally.
* Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
* After-hours configuration changes and on-call support required.
* Duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems (or related degree), or equivalent experience.
* Knowledge in one of the following security domains: security operations, engineering and cyber security, endpoint protection, governance, risk and compliance, and identity management.
* Experience with security log monitoring as well as incident response.
* Experience managing endpoint security products such as AntiVirus, drive encryption, DLP, etc.
* Experience managing mobile devices using an MDM or UEM.
* Experience scripting in languages such as Python, Perl, Powershell, bash, etc.
* Experience scripting with APIs
* Working knowledge of tools such as vulnerability scanners, nmap, tcpdump, wireshark, etc.
* Working knowledge of Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating systems, virtualization, containers, and cloud technologies.
* Working knowledge of network switches, routers, firewalls, and load balancers.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office application such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
* CompTIA Security , CCNA Security, CISSP, and/or related certifications are preferred.
* Flexibility to travel when required.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. Hub Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About Hub Group
Hub Group is an asset-light freight transportation management company, providing intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services.