Hub Group, Inc (NASDAQ: HUBG) is a $4 billion provider of multi-modal transportation services. Our 4,000 employees deliver innovative solutions and industry leading service to help our customers better control their supply chains and associated costs. Our collaborative and inclusive culture offers extensive career development and learning opportunities. We were recently ranked in the top 25 of America's Best Midsize Employers by Forbes in 2018 and 2019.
The IT Purchasing Administrator is responsible for performing the purchasing function for all company IT-related purchases, including but not limited to, network and production servers, software, maintenance, outside technical services, printers and other office machines, computers and associated equipment, wireless phones and devices.
Essential Job Functions
* Ensure best pricing for company purchases.
* Verify proper approvals are obtained for purchases.
* Create purchase requests from user requests in Support Center tickets.
* Create Purchase Orders and work with vendors to ensure timely delivery.
* Review IT related invoices (i.e. telecom and wireless services).
* Administer the company's wireless accounts.
* Purchase cell phones, blackberries, and air cards as needed and assist users with activations and setup.
* Obtain warranty replacement wireless devices as needed, and replacement devices in case of lost/damaged/stolen devices.
* Review wireless accounts for optimization of shared/pooled minutes and data usage.
* Ensure that wireless services are suspended, terminated or reassigned upon employees leaving the company.
* Duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time.
* 2 or more years of experience in purchasing information technology products.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Microsoft Visio.
* Familiarity with Lotus Notes.
* Computer proficiency and excellent data entry skills.
* Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced environment, with excellent written and oral communication/phone skills.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
* Comfortable working with all levels of corporate personnel.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. Hub Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About Hub Group
Hub Group is an asset-light freight transportation management company, providing intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services.