Are you interested in working on user experiences that define the next generation of human-computer interaction? Do you have a desire to create designs allowing millions of people to experience content in a more natural way? If so, Office Design is looking for a designer to help reimagine our experiences across a wide range of devices and input methods. You'll be at the forefront of design activities by defining how people interact, create and consume content for Office in this new world. You'll create a cohesive brand and visual language across our apps in order to deliver high-quality, compelling experiences that our customers will love. In this role you'll engage in cross-team collaboration with the best of user research, visual and interaction design, program management and engineering from conceptual design through implementation and release. This is an opportunity to empower people to do more, know more and be more. Join a team that's creating the future of productivity and improving the lives of hundreds of millions of people at home and at work!
* A BA/BS or higher degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, or field related degree.
* Possess deep knowledge and application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices
* 6+ years (post education) related UX design experience in product, company or agency
* Strong command of visual design capabilities, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography, color, animation and motion.
* Proven experience and solid working knowledge of information architecture, task-flow models, state-transition diagrams, storyboarding, wire framing, creating design specifications and guidelines.
* Ability to create and assess design solutions based on user goals and key scenarios.
* Attention to detail, problem solving, creative, and communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross functionally with other teams (Engineering, Research, Program Management & Marketing)
* Can create/ prototype design stories that articulate the desired user experience to the project team and stakeholders.
* Strong collaboration influencing skills with proven ability to lead and inspire.
* Self-motivated, directed, and independent
* Have a passion for quality, innovation, and world-class design.
* Offer active thought leadership in User Experience issues and trends.
* Ability to work through ambiguity and multiple priorities
* Rapidly iterate, creating multiple design solutions.
A portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity and proven experience in telling stories, building UI models, generating detailed wire frames, developing prototypes and delivering comprehensive specifications. Please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of the portfolio.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Role and Responsibilities:
* You're a UX leader and designer who loves to learn, solve challenges, and dream up breakthrough ideas. You've worked on multiple similar projects already, and you're looking for a new adventure. You're a tireless advocate for the customer-enthusiastic about building and iterating on designs to discover what works best and applying your knowledge to create incredible software products. You're passionate about your interests, and you want to work on projects that will change the world for the better.
* You understand how to bring a team together to solve difficult product and customer problems, fixing what's not quite right and smoothing the customer's journey through the product.
* You'll work in a focused team collaborating with fellow design leads, content designers, interaction designers, visual and motion designers, qualitative researchers, data scientists, and producers. Bouncing ideas around, formulating plans, and charting the path forward is your jam as much as any solo design time.
* You're fluent at communicating with product managers and developers as well as influencing your team and studio to simplify, integrate, and co-create successful customer experiences that work together. And you're comfortable influencing others around how we all want the same thing, what that thing is, and why you think the team has landed a solution that will help make Microsoft Office a suite of business apps that customers will love.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.