Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That's what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. The Identity division in Cloud + AI delivers world class authentication services for the Microsoft cloud. Azure Active Directory is the identity platform for Azure and Office 365. By using Azure Active Directory, organizations are empowered to offer their employees and partners access to applications (like Office 365), data and resources in a secure and controlled way, from virtually anywhere.
The Authentication team within Identity division is looking for talented Software Engineers who can help us improve and expand our offering of cloud authentication services. We are a local group of supportive team players, working on strategic end to end authentication scenarios, in an agile DevOps environment. We regularly collaborate with other seasoned engineers across Microsoft while learning a ton and working on a variety of technologies. We embrace a culture which is customer focused, delivers continuously, drives engineering excellence, is collaborative, fun loving and iterative. We're a diverse team, and we embrace people from all backgrounds, to help us build the best identity service in the world.
* 4+ years of industry experience in software development and design
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
* Working knowledge of one of the following modern programming languages: C, C++, and/or Java
* Ability to communicate and collaborate across a broader team
* Experience in debugging and problem-solving
* Familiarity with object-oriented programming design paradigms
* Experience in online services is a plus
* Passion for reducing customer pain points
* C# programming experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Your core responsibilities include:
* Design and coding on end to end scenarios to enable authentication in complex organizations, cross-organization collaboration (B2B) scenarios
* Integration with identity providers as well as other scenarios built on top of Azure Active Directory authentication service.
* Writing managed code, on the .NET platform, using Azure technologies and deployed as Azure services.
Additional responsibilities may include:
Testing and debugging in production, scenario health monitoring, big data analysis on service telemetry, threat modelling of authentication scenarios, feature experimentation at scale, optimization at scale, and a lot of learning by building and running features in a large-scale cloud service.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.