At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Summary: Work with a team of developers, QA, and other stakeholders in the migration of the leading PowerScribe platform for radiology reporting to the cloud. Design, develop and maintain database solutions for highly available applications. The candidate will be self-motivated and work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules in an agile software development process.
* Develop and maintain complex databases that are highly scalable and manageable
* Design and extend data models for enterprise OLTP applications and data warehouses• Create complex queries to derive intelligence from the data with Power BI and other tools• Support automated deployment and operation of AzureSQL instances in a high-availability environment• Optimize and tune database schemas, stored procedures, triggers, and dynamic queries• Build data pipelines for migrating on-premise data sources to the cloud• Support traditional managerial reports in SQL Reporting Services• Document technical designs and program logic• Participate in functional and technical reviews• Assist in identifying process improvements and application enhancements• Handle multiple responsibilities with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines• Work effectively with a distributed team in multiple geographic locations and time zones
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5+
* 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL database application development• 3+ years of experience with SSRS or Power BI
* Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and database architectures
* Extensive experience writing T-SQL
* Knowledge of C# and Microsoft .NET and object-relational mapping (ORM) frameworks• Excellent English communication skills (written, oral, listening)• Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to optimize queries and troubleshoot errors
* Understanding of the concepts and challenges of highly-available cloud databases• Experience in agile software development process• Experience in Microsoft Development tools (Visual Studio, .NET Framework)• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet simultaneous deadlines• Comfortable being part of a geographically dispersed team
* Agile development methodologies including SCRUM• Experience with cloud-based deployments (Azure a big plus)
* Experience working with large data sets• Familiarity with Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence) a plus• Knowledge of Healthcare Information Systems and standards a plus
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance Communications is a company providing voice recognition and natural language understanding solutions.