At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The CAS platform group is responsible for the Nuance application infrastructure. Applications we support use clinical language understanding to help medical facilities optimize their operations. We support customer interfaces and product workflows, architect Azure deployments, integrate technology from other R&D teams, and support the products in deployment.As a Sr. Java-Developer/Data Scientist in the CAS platform group, you will work with a team of Healthcare Application researchers and developers to improve, expand, and provide support for our data flows. You will be a self-starter and work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
Java programming to sustain robust and efficient communication between our backend Java applications and databases. Examine our data to ensure its correctness and quality. Help researchers use the data effectively. Pursue new data sources to aid machine learning. Design and maintain SQL (and, when appropriate, NoSQL) databases for use by research.
Education: Master's in computer science or related discipline.
Minimum years of work experience: 5 years
* 5+ years of experience working in Java development.
* Strong SQL abilities including querying, Transact, design, stored procedures, and monitoring/improving performance.
* Experience with data analysis especially as it relates to machine learning.
* Secure development including code reviews, static and dynamic scanning, and code remediation practices.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Experience with Azure or other cloud frameworks.
* Experience with NoSQL databases.
* Experience with large, fast growing datasets.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, coding systems, and standards. Experience with electronic health records.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance is a multinational computer software technology company, providing speech and imaging applications.