Engineering at Grove
The Grove product/engineering/design team is rooted in a data and goal-driven culture. We love to take ownership of big business and technology challenges in our high growth phase, and solve them quickly and robustly. We are divided into small, independently-executing Agile teams to allow maximum autonomy and speed. We build in a modern, evolving stack (python, Vue, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS), leveraging new technologies as needed. We use CI/CD to deploy several times a day so that we can impact the business as quickly as possible. We operate with shared trust and no egos, and enjoy being 'in this together' to collaborate on the challenges of a rapidly scaling business.
Your Role and Impact
* The opportunity to build and develop the data team here at Grove; this includes the hiring and mentoring of engineers and analysts, project leadership, etc
* Become the organization's data SME; best practices, processes, systems, etc
* Build and Architect low latency data infrastructure and systems to support all of the organization's data needs
* Create and deliver algorithms, simulators, and forecasts that allow us to ship millions of customer orders a month
* Build, maintain, and troubleshoot ETL pipelines for the data sources that power the company
* Plan for the future and ensure our data platform remains scalable and fast
* Build automated testing, performance evaluations, monitoring tools and dashboards
* Work with and build APIs from/for other microservices and outside services
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* 5+ years of data engineering in a production environment
* 3+ years of experience coding in a data capacity (Python, PHP, Java, etc)
* 3+ years of experience SQL (we use Postgres and RedShift)
* Strong experience with data modeling, query optimization and tuning, etc
* Production experience with data streaming technologies - such as Spark, Kinesis, etc
* Production experience with machine learning (scikit, SyPy, tensorflow, etc) a plus, but not required
* Ability to work independently
* Outstanding communication skills (Written and Verbal)
We are remaking the future of consumer goods and want you to join us.
If you join us you'll get:
* Competitive compensation
* Stock options -- shared success is core to our mission
* Comprehensive medical, vision, dental and commuter benefits
* Wellness programs like quarterly massages and weekly meditation
* A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
* Flexible Paid Time Off -- we care most about results
We also have:
* A beautifully designed open office Located at 1301 Sansome, near Embarcadero
* Fully stocked communal kitchen with healthy snacks and on tap Kombucha
* A cozy "quiet room" for focused work or meditation
* A handful of friendly, productivity-enhancing (...mostly) small office dogs
Let's do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Grove Collaborative
Grove provides users with customized sustainable household products such as soap, laundry detergent, paper towels, and others.