As a senior QA engineer, you will have a hand in architecting the technology and customer experience that run grove.co. You will join a team of world-class, highly motivated software engineers and business owners to understand technical implementation of features. QA Engineers will also work with groups such as Product Management, Designers, and developers to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests and driving the software development process towards quality focused methodologies, always seeking to avoid defects or find them earlier in the process.
Quality Assurance Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. As senior QA Engineers you are not pure black box testers; you test at a deeper level and are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with scripts and/or user-level automated tools.
Your Impact and Responsibilities
* Make mature, bold decisions to move our systems forward
* Disseminate information and train other engineers on best practices and techniques for high-quality coding and processes.
* Work with engineering leadership to create a Testing and automation roadmap and deliver against it.
* Use your ideas to implement features and demonstrate how it ought to be done.
* Own the SDLC process and measure it with lens of quality by manual and automation test suites.
* Be the customer advocate from the beginning of the project.
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* 5+ years of strong QA experience in e-commerce.
* Good knowledge of scripting languages and Selenium or other automation framework.
* You value and take responsibility for the quality of your features, including writing your own test plan and test automation (functional and integration) and reviewing your teammates' code.
* Keen nose for bad code smells.
* Motivated and assertive in learning and helping your team be successful
* Innovator with good ideas, strong problem-solving abilities, and a results-oriented attitude
* Excellent communication skills
We are remaking the future of consumer goods and want you to join us.
If you join us you'll get:
* Competitive compensation
* Stock options -- shared success is core to our mission
* Comprehensive medical, vision, dental and commuter benefits
* Wellness programs like quarterly massages and weekly meditation
* A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
* Flexible Paid Time Off -- we care most about results
We also have:
* A beautifully designed open office Located at 1301 Sansome, near Embarcadero
* Fully stocked communal kitchen with healthy snacks and on tap Kombucha
* A cozy "quiet room" for focused work or meditation
* A handful of friendly, productivity-enhancing (...mostly) small office dogs
Let's do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Grove Collaborative
Grove provides users with customized sustainable household products such as soap, laundry detergent, paper towels, and others.