Engineering at Grove
The Grove product/engineering/design team is rooted in a data and goal-driven culture. We love to take ownership of big business and technology challenges in our high growth phase, and solve them quickly and robustly. We are divided into small, independently-executing Agile teams to allow maximum autonomy and speed. We build in a modern, evolving stack (python, Vue, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS), leveraging new technologies as needed. We use CI/CD to deploy several times a day so that we can impact the business as quickly as possible. We operate with shared trust and no egos, and enjoy being 'in this together' to collaborate on the challenges of a rapidly scaling business.
Your Role & Impact
* Strengthen and continue to evolve the organization's culture of DevOps
* Evangelize DevOps as a practice throughout engineering
* Design and develop high priority, elegant and scalable tools and applications
* Introduce LiveOps best practices and tools across Grove systems
* Automation Expert across CI/CD and cloud infrastructure management
* Build monitoring and alerting infrastructure to support operations and system health
* Ensure all systems are high availability at high scale
* Own and lead safe migrations with minimal downtime
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* 5+ years of experience in software development
* Strong experience in public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google, Azure)
* Strong knowledge of a scripting language such as Python, PHP, shell, etc
* Production experience with network and server diagnostic monitoring tools is required
* Experience with Containerization using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
* Good experience with logging and reporting systems (Splunk, Datadog, Graylog, etc)
* A strong desire to learn, teach, document and practice new skills is a must
* Outstanding communication skills (Written and Verbal)
* Empathy for your fellow engineers
We are remaking the future of consumer goods and want you to join us.
If you join us you'll get:
* Competitive compensation
* Stock options -- shared success is core to our mission
* Comprehensive medical, vision, dental and commuter benefits
* Wellness programs like quarterly massages and weekly meditation
* A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
* Flexible Paid Time Off -- we care most about results
We also have:
* A beautifully designed open office Located at 1301 Sansome, near Embarcadero
* Fully stocked communal kitchen with healthy snacks and on tap Kombucha
* A cozy "quiet room" for focused work or meditation
* A handful of friendly, productivity-enhancing (...mostly) small office dogs
Let's do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Grove Collaborative
Grove provides users with customized sustainable household products such as soap, laundry detergent, paper towels, and others.