Engineering at Grove
The Grove product/engineering/design team is rooted in a data and goal-driven culture. We love to take ownership of big business and technology challenges in our high growth phase, and solve them quickly and robustly. We are divided into small, independently-executing Agile teams to allow maximum autonomy and speed. We build in a modern, evolving stack (python, Vue, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS), leveraging new technologies as needed. We use CI/CD to deploy several times a day so that we can impact the business as quickly as possible. We operate with shared trust and no egos, and enjoy being 'in this together' to collaborate on the challenges of a rapidly scaling business.
* Make mature, bold decisions to move our systems forward
* Disseminate information and train other engineers on best practices and techniques for high-quality front end development
* Work with engineering leadership to create a front-end technology roadmap and deliver against it
* Use your ideas to implement features and demonstrate how it ought to be done
* Own the front-end build process
* Advocate for new and better ways we should develop, and discover and implement new best practices for the development organization
* Contribute back to the open source projects we rely on
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Strong understanding of Django,Vue.js (or React or similar) and ECMAScript standard.
* You love clean code and robust design
* You value and take responsibility for the quality of your features, including writing your own tests (unit, functional and integration) and reviewing your teammates' code
* Keen nose for bad code smells
* Motivated and assertive in learning and helping your team be successful
* Innovator with good ideas, strong problem solving abilities, and a results oriented attitude
* Experience with eCommerce a plus
We are remaking the future of consumer goods and want you to join us.
If you join us you'll get:
* Competitive compensation
* Stock options -- shared success is core to our mission
* Comprehensive medical, vision, dental and commuter benefits
* Wellness programs like quarterly massages and weekly meditation
* A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
* Flexible Paid Time Off -- we care most about results
We also have:
* A beautifully designed open office Located at 1301 Sansome, near Embarcadero
* Fully stocked communal kitchen with healthy snacks and on tap Kombucha
* A cozy "quiet room" for focused work or meditation
* A handful of friendly, productivity-enhancing (...mostly) small office dogs
Let's do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Grove Collaborative
Grove provides users with customized sustainable household products such as soap, laundry detergent, paper towels, and others.