Requisition ID: 213552
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Our team wants to change the way enterprise software is built. The Developer Data & Infrastructure role will be driving special pilot and incubation projects with a focus on validating new enterprise product, technology, and architecture approaches and the goal to actively help shaping SAP's future Cloud ERP architecture.
As a data software & infrastructure engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to SAP S/4's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Overall duties include, but are not limited to:
* Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software with a focus on data engineering & infrastructure and technologies.
* Recommendation of persistency technology across product lines.
* Propose and compare design and technology options with technical leads.
* Can lead proof-of-concept and prototyping efforts.
* Work closely with Design & Product Management.
* Gather requirements from customers in close collaboration with customers' business and IT departments.
* Master's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with development and deployment of micro or serverless-based architectures and serverless architectures, with focus on cloud database and cloud-based data pipelines.
* Experience with modern high-volume data pipeline + data transformation architectures, such as ELK stack, kafka, AWS kinesis, Spark, etc.
* Experience with modern event-based pub/sub models.
* Experience architecting large enterprise cloud-based data lakes, and the needed security to ensure proper data access controls.
* Strong database knowledge able to compare and contract different solutions and options in the cloud.
* Good understanding of Cloud native technologies, Serverless, CAAS,FAAS ,Kubernetes
* Deep, hands-on programming experience, preferably in complex enterprise systems
* Deep knowledge in multiple relevant languages, including Java and Scala
Newport Beach, CA (must be willing to relocate, if necessary, and work out of this location)
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.