Requisition ID: 216033
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 100%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
The Project Manager is responsible for supporting our customer's transformation strategy through the management of cloud, on-premise or hybrid implementation initiatives. Most projects will utilize Agile and rapid prototyping methodologies. The Project Manager has the qualifications and business acumen to manage large scale, high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors. They provide leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. The Project Manager is responsible for the success of assigned projects by ensuring adherence to SAP's Activate project management methodology and best business practices, provides project manager mentoring, status communication and updates both to the customer and SAP management, performs Project Management Reviews and reinforces the enterprise knowledge management through the communication of lessons learned and best practices development.
The Project Manager assists during the Bid Phase of the customer engagement by providing input into the proposal especially regarding the solution delivery model (e.g. SAP Activate and Agile Delivery methodology and best business practices), project structure, organization, scoping, estimation and risk assessment.
The Project Manager has ability to manage complex projects or programs that require coordination of work between various parties such as: third party sub-contractors, SAP Custom Development, SAP Global Delivery, SAP Active Global Support.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
* Ensure that the delivery model proposed by the solutioning center will correctly support the defined project objectives and requirements
* Ensure that the scope and estimate of the engagement is correctly captured in the SOW
* Determine required resources for the project
* Assess, document and communicate risk for the engagement
* Position SAP delivery methodology - Activate, Agile, Best Business Practices and Model Company correctly with the customer and project team
* Conduct the project planning activities and manage the execution of large scale, high risk, or strategic projects according to plan (Opportunity Management, Initiating to Closing)
* Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcome for the customer.
* Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
* Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project's objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
* Ensure proper use of methodology, tools and procedures
* Ensures proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives
* Balance the trade-off of the triple- constraint (time, cost and scope) to realize the expected business value.
* Evaluates strategic options and alternatives for delivering or offering services in a more efficient or cost effective manner.
* Builds customer relationships with the clear expectation to deliver follow-on business or identify opportunities within an account. Deals with difficult issues at the customer and finds win-win solutions for both Customer and SAP.
* Proactively manage all contract terms, including changes in work scope, timeline, and obligations and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to formalize and administer contract changes.
* Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance.
* Analyze risk, establish contingency plans ad identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
* Communicate and/or escalate project issues early to account management and delivery management.
* Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
* Plan and execute formal Quality Gate process following the Q-Gate approach in ASAP methodology.
* Proactively manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story.
* Proven ability to manage fixed price projects
* Proven ability to manage S/4 projects
* Deep implementation experience utilizing Agile and SCRUM methodologies
Coaching and Mentoring
* Organize Agile workshops and ensure team is trained to execute their roles
* Perform Project Management Reviews and mentor project managers on project management methodology, standards and processes.
* Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables to project team; review quality of work and manage integration of team members' work; provide performance input to project team members' functional management.
* Takes responsibility from time to time as team lead and supports respective line manager(s) in people development tasks
* Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge management bases; analyze lessons learned and share with the organization's project management community.
* Participate in the development of project management best practices.
Competencies & Skills
* Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication with senior executive management, clients, peers and team members
* Worked previously in a consulting role with a SAP services provider
* Excellent understanding of SAP digital, cloud, and innovation solutions and of the consulting business processes and functions.
* Highly developed business acumen.
* Liaison and consultative skills: negotiating skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests.
* Strong writing, mentoring, decision making, communication, and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets.
* Ability to train and mentor project managers or teams in project management methodologies.
* Knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of the project management business unit.
* A clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and for the enterprise.
* Knowledge of and competency in project management processes including planning tasks, resource allocation, risk management, time management, financial management, HR management, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping.
* Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
* 5 - 7 years of project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects with multiple number of E2E full lifecycle implementations
* 3 - 5 years of supervisory or coaching experience in teambuilding and leading teams.
* Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams within a formalized methodology and practical experience in applying SAP templates and methods, including Activate
* Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as, project charter, integrated project management plans, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule.
* Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bring projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
* Some level of international implementation experience is desirable
Management and Leadership Experience
* Projects are generally in the range of $3-$5 million, span multiple countries, and up to 2 service lines and 12 team members
* Management experience of medium to large size, heavily matrixed and multilayered teams is desirable
* Management of remote resources (global delivery or distributed organization)
* Experience in managing project or department P&L
* Cultural awareness and experience working across different cultures and nationalities
* Strong leadership and people management skills are desirable
* Leading in matrix organization and without formal authority a plus
* Must exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to alter their message and communication style to resonate with the target audience, including C-level executives.
Education & Certifications
* Required undergraduate university degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or equivalent training and job experience.
* Master's degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or MBA an asset
* Current PMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications
* Project Leadership Excellence (PLEX) or similar interpersonal skills course
* SAP Solution Manager 7.2 certification for Project Managers (web assessment)
* MS Project Orange Belt Certification
* Agile or SCRUM certification highly preferred
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual - USA
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.