Requisition ID: 222708
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
The TechOps Tools team at SAP Concur is looking for a DevOps Engineer to develop Atlassian infrastructure as code.
The ideal candidate is excited about building for internal customers, automating internal tools, and a passion for cloud infrastructure. This position works with a wide customer base, working across the entire Global Technology Organization. To be successful in this role, you will need to accurately assess our current environments and scale our transition into a modern DevOps world.
* Lead technical architecture discussions across engineering teams from early exploration of ideas to deciding on a concrete path forward.
* Deploy an end to end environment from design, development, testing and to production.
* Build automated self service platforms for our customers.
* Provide reliable, scalable operational efficiency through automation Manage and deploy code through shared DevOps services, GitHub and CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins), and deploy integration with PagerDuty, GitHub, and Slack.
* Define the system landscape, identify gaps between current and desired end-states and deliver solutions
* Lead and manage development life cycles, review and provide technical guidance to team members
* Lead programming our current infrastructure and deploying it as code on native AWS services
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent years of experience.
* 3-5+ years software development experience with Java.
* 3-5+ years Cloud Operations/DevOps experience on AWS.
* 3+ years deploying infrastructure via CloudFormation.
* 3+ years' experience with Docker and Ansible.
* 2+ years of experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL.
* Strong practical Linux administration skills in a cloud environment.
* Logging and Monitoring Telemetry; ELK stack, Splunk, NewRelic, CloudWatch.
* Experience in software project life cycle activities designing, developing, debugging, supporting and deploying systems.
* Great aptitude for problem solving.
* Adept at communicating & collaborating across teams.
* Ability to prioritize & manage time efficiently.
* A strong sense of ownership & team responsibility.
* General understanding of basic layer 3 networking and network security.
* Part of 24/7 on-call team rotation.
Bonus Points if you have:
* Strong knowledge/experience with microservices and orchestration of containers (Docker and Kubernetes).
* Experience developing Atlassian Plugins.
* Advanced networking experience.
* Past experience working in a highly-regulated industry.
Position Location: This position will primarily work from the Bellevue, WA office
The ideal candidate has a passion for the evolving DevOps space. They will be committed to driving customer success while developing automated solutions for internal-facing applications.
SAP Concur is the world's leading provider of integrated travel, expense, and invoice management solutions, driven by a relentless pursuit to simplify and automate these everyday processes. With SAP Concur, a top-rated app guides employees through every trip, charges are effortlessly populated into expense reports, and invoice approvals are automated. By integrating near real-time data and using AI to audit 100% of transactions, businesses can see exactly what they're spending without worrying about blind spots in the budget. SAP Concur eliminates yesterday's tedious tasks, makes today's work easier, and helps businesses run at their best every day
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations :
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.