Alnylam is the industry leader in the translation of RNA interference (RNAi) into a new class of innovative medicines with the potential to address the unmet needs of patients with debilitating diseases. Founded in 2002, Alnylam was built upon a bold vision of turning scientific possibility into reality, and is now advancing a robust pipeline of investigational RNAi therapeutic medicines, including five programs in late-stage development. In 2018, Alnylam received approval for our first product, the first-ever RNAi therapeutic, by the FDA in the U.S. for the treatment of the polyneuropathy of hereditary transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis in adults and by the European Medicines Agency in the EU for the treatment of hATTR amyloidosis in adults with stage 1 or stage 2 polyneuropathy. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Alnylam employs over 1,200 people in 18 countries and is rapidly growing globally, with additional offices in Norton, Mass., Maidenhead, U.K., Zug, Switzerland, Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Tokyo, Japan. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe's Top Places to Work four years in a row (2015-2018) and a Great Place to Work in the U.K. and Switzerland in 2019. Please visit www.alnylam.com for more information.
We are looking for an individual who can continually increase the availability, scalability, and reliability of our Information Systems environment as we expand Alnylam's use of the Amazon Web Services stack to support an increasing array of complex business initiatives. This is a "hands-on-keyboard" position and requires an individual who can both design and implement technical solutions based on the amazon Web Services stack.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Architect, design, build, implement and troubleshoot AWS solutions in a large-scale enterprise environment supporting multiple lines of business.
* Be aware of emerging AWS services and quickly implement for improvements.
* Manage the lifecycle of a base AMI or container that is consumed by other teams in their cloud runtimes.
* Have extensive experience configuring Direct Connect.
* Have a systematic problem-solving approach, communicate effectively, thrive in a vibrant team environment and have a strong willingness to collaborate.
* Continuously improve the cloud infrastructure in order to easily deploy, scale, secure, manage cloud costs and be fault-tolerant.
* Build and innovate tools or use automation to replace operating manual processes, deployment, and operational tasks.
* Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that will enable the Engineering and Operations team to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
* Lead efforts on introducing new technologies into the environment that adhere to our operational best practices and agency requirements.
* Migrate existing applications to cloud infrastructure.
(This list is not exhaustive, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties as required to fulfill the role)
* Be familiar with the AWS Well-Architected Framework * Experience building, automating, and maintaining infrastructure with AWS using CloudFormation * Three (3) years' experience with these technologies/tools: Cloud technologies, specifically AWS (CloudFormation, Lambda, EC2, CLI and other core AWS products), Virtualization (VMWare/OpenStack/Zen/Hyper-V), Linux systems administration (Debian/RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu), Windows systems administration (AD, server, and desktop). * Two (2) years' experience with network design (including load balancers, proxy/reverse proxy, CDN) and security products (including firewalls, IDS/IPS, SWG, etc.). * Must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to build productive working relationships. * Experience with Software Defined Networks is a plus. * AWS Certifications (Solutions Architect and/or SysOps/DevOps) is a plus. * Security Certifications is a plus. * Python, Bash, PowerShell and C# familiarity is a plus. * Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related technical discipline OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.