Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The SEIT Configuration and Data Management team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a SEIT Configuration and Data Management Manager 2 based out of Woodland Hills, CA. As Functional Manager you will be expected to set and operate to objectives (including cost and schedule) as defined and flowed down from Management. Provide guidance to employees based on goals, objectives and company policy. And, be responsible for process and product discipline and improvement, succession planning, key knowledge transfer, training and department staffing. This position requires an 80/20 time split between direct charging on program tasks (80%) and Functional management responsibilities (20%).
What You'll get to Do:
* Provide mentoring, coaching and support to help employees navigate the Northrop Grumman environment.
* Lead discussions on employee development to address near term needs and support long term career aspirations.
* Lead discussions on goal setting, mid-year reviews, performance evaluation, and year end reviews as informed by feedback solicitations.
* Performance and merit reviews, 1:1s, mentoring.
* Lead and/or facilitate employee engagement action activities.
This position will have Management and Engineering responsibility for the following functions and activities:
* Engineering Command Media & Homeroom Directives
* Engineering processes development, maintenance and adherence
* Engineering Process Group (EPG)
* Engineering Corrective Action Board (CAB)
* Sustaining tasks
* Parametric Costing and Bidding
* Engineering Proposal administration, SDQs
* Software Configuration Management (SCM) activities
* Goldfire application administration and maintenance
* Technical Research Center (TRC)
* Engineering P-card and iBuy approvals
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan
* Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related discipline and a minimum of 9 years of progressive engineering experience or a Master's degree in Engineering or other related discipline and a minimum of 7 years of progressive engineering experience.
* Strong knowledge of configuration management and data management practices and requirements on DoD programs.
* Experience leading teams in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
* Must possess strong planning, organizing, and data gathering skills, as well as attention to detail.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Customer service skills in a teamwork environment.
* Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
* Knowledge and proficiency with Matrix/Enovia.
* Software development experience and working knowledge of SCM processes.
* Knowledge and experience with Engineering processes, proposal process, Command Media, SharePoint.
* 15 or more years of relevant experience in Engineering.
* Prior leadership experience.
* Active Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.