At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air, space and on the ground that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking experienced Software Engineers to join our diverse team, developing, enhancing and maintaining capabilities for Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) satellite payload and ground systems for payload data processing. This position is located in Azusa, CA at the foot of the San Gabriel Mountains in Los Angeles County. Our software engineering teams offer flexible work arrangements as well as career, technical and personal development opportunities.
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to:
* Communicate and work effectively with team members and leads in an agile and dynamic team environment
* Take ownership of tasks assigned by team lead
* Design, develop, document, test, integrate and debug software written in various computer languages
* Meet project milestones while ensuring software standards are met
* Develop technical solutions to complex problems
* Interface with other groups and subject matter experts within and outside of the project
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 2 years related experience OR Master's Degree in STEM discipline with no experience
* Proficiency in one or more of the following: C/C , Java, Python, C#, .Net
* Current/Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance and/or SCI program access is required.
* Demonstrated ability to implement process improvement, streamline activities, and develop efficiencies
* Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong interpersonal and analytic skills
* Works well in a team environment
* Previous in-depth domain knowledge of program software design and code
* Experience in Object Oriented Design and Linux platform development
* Experience with software configuration management and version control tools such as ClearCase, Git/GitHub, Subversion
* Experience in Agile development concepts, methodologies and tools such as JIRA
* Experience in Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) such as VxWORKS
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.