Requisition ID: 212803
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 100%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
SAP NS2 Senior Technology Consultant - Developer-TS/SCI + Poly-Ft. Meade-20852
SAP is the global market leader for business software and related services, and SAP National Security Services Inc.® (SAP NS2®) is an independent U.S. subsidiary, offering SAP solutions with specialized levels of security and support to meet the requirements of U.S. national security and critical infrastructure customers.
Must be a U.S. Person; NS2 does not offer Visa sponsorship for this role
All internals must have manager's approval to transfer
5 years of experience designing and implementing enterprise software solutions; experience with the entire life cycle of software design and development with skills in several technologies including application design, development, and administration, database design and tuning, and web technologies.
* Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics, and identify potential risks/issues.
* Collaborate in team with product owners and fellow software engineers to deliver upon most important business and technical priorities.
* Provide active mentorship/guidance to fellow members of the agile tech team and participate in internal and external technology conference & communities.
* Coordinate and scale the evolving cloud based solutions with product development teams both internal and external.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* At least 5 years of experience in Java and API development
* At least 2 years of experience in cloud technologies
* Work experience with Object-Oriented Languages (Java and Go), Cloud-Based Technologies (AWS, DevOps and Serverless), Front End Framework, Cutting Edge Data Tools (Python, Spark) or Machine learning models.
* Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI.
* Experience with virtualization technologies such as (VM's, Docker, MOCK, etc.) in support of software development tasks.
* Configuration Management experience associated w/the following tasks: Creating SW releases, Tracking changes to the baseline, Coordinating with development teams, and Documenting the CM process.
* Experience with scripting languages such as bash, python, etc. Good problem solving skills w/minimal SW development experience.
* Familiarization with source code control tools such as GitLab.
* Familiarization with process systems such as Jira/Confluence (Atlassian suite) and Trac/Agile.
* 2+ years of DevOps experience
* Experience in big data technologies like spark, kafka or similar
* Linux/Unix experience
* XML/XSD experience
* Scripting language experience such as Bash, Python or Perl
* Eclipse RCP training or equivalent experience
Top Soft Skills:
* Must have active TS/SCI + poly.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
* Strong written and communication skills
* The candidate may be responsible for performing as a mentor and subject matter expert on their team.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.