Requisition ID: 221326
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T3PM
Hiring Manager: Greg Pons
Recruiter Name: Jane Rose
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
* This is not a remote position. Location is Vienna, VA. Must be located in this area; relocation not provided.*
The SAP Concur Support Manager has responsibility for a Technical Product Support team that delivers support for our cloud solutions to customers around the world. This position requires a candidate equipped to develop talent, manage performance, and be accountable to the team's success. SAP Concur Support Managers identify development opportunities and support team members as they work to achieve their goals. This role shares insights with other managers, looks for opportunities to coach and recognize employees directly, and provides timely feedback to its direct reports.
The position will report directly to the Head of SAP Concur Support for the Americas.
In the first 12 months you will deliver:
* Professional leadership for a Technical Support team that supports SAP Concur Travel and Expense
* A transparent customer service-oriented culture that puts our people, customer and business needs, and SAP Concur Services Principles at the forefront of decision-making
* An understanding of SAP Concur product offerings and the value they bring to customers by completing a personal learning plan focused on gaining a practical understanding of SAP Concur's products and services
* Team success by communicating job expectations, appraising job performance results, expeditiously managing performance concerns, and enforcing policies
* Coaching and mentoring to direct reports toward the career path that best aligns with their interests and skillsets
* Presentations to diverse audiences that includes peer groups, customers, and senior leadership
* Total team operations that include being accountable for staffing and resource utilization, Technical Lead management of critical issues, execution of goals, and adherence to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Sensitive communications with customers and colleagues using the right communication tools at the right times
* Oversight needed to effectively manage escalations from customers and partners in the Americas to successful resolution
* Adherence to financial objectives by managing to the approved budget requirements, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
In order to accomplish this, you will need:
* A strong passion for Customer Support, the people that deliver support, and our customers' success
* A genuine interest in working with peers in a highly collaborative environment
* To possess and leverage support experience, as well as either moderate industry or SAP Concur product knowledge, to speak authoritatively to parties in and outside of the organization
* An acute awareness of cross-cultural perspectives to collaborate and communicate, with colleagues and customers from around the world
* Strategic and critical thinking skills to generate innovative solutions to short and long-term challenges
* Ability to work with people at all organizational levels for the best interests of SAP, influencing them or adapting your own ideas when appropriate
* Successful experience managing people and high-performing teams in Services-related fields
* Problem solving with strong time management and prioritization skills
* Coaching, mentoring and persuasion skills
* Awareness of and compliance with all corporate policies
Qualifications, Experience and Education
* Bachelor's degree in a business, technical or equivalent field
* Two or more years in customer-focused leadership positions
* Six or more years of experience in a general customer/client support or service delivery environment, preferably in the tech sector.
* Two or more years of experience with new hire mentoring.
* Experience working with software applications and at least a business understanding of Cloud applications.
* Customer focused with the highest standards for delivering value & exceeding customer expectations. Flexibility to include willingness and ability to readily respond to changing circumstances and expectations.
* Excellent analytical, training, facilitation, presentation and writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in English.
* U.S. Citizenship required
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations :
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.