Requisition ID: 207908
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
ABOUT SAP SUCCESSFACTORS
People are the heartbeat of every organization and great business results start with great people. When people are all-in, feeling supported, trained, rewarded and motivated, they do what it takes to win. As the leading cloud-based HCM Suite, SAP SuccessFactors helps more than 4,450 customers, and 50 million cloud application subscribers, across more than 60 industries in over 177 countries tap into this heartbeat. Supported by a global partner ecosystem and the experience and commitment of SAP, our solutions are innovative yet delivered according to your specific business needs. Through a balanced focus on both standardization and flexibility, we deliver business process expertise and best practice guidance aligned to our customers' unique transformation journeys. Aligning business strategy to business outcomes through people is what we focus on day in and day out, what we have been helping our customers do for over 10 years and where we will be focused in the future. We believe Success is Simply Human
ABOUT Cloud HCM Analytics Team
This is the team builds the analytics solution on top of world's biggest cloud based enterprise application which has unique challenge in building a common solutions that should be customizable for more than 4,450 across 60 industries in over 177 countries and scalable for 50 million users usage .This team builds Operational Reporting solutions , Operational reporting solution as well as Analytical solutions. This team involved in building analytical cubes and customized ETL application and building query designer and execution engine . This team involves in building integration with various internal SAP applications like SAC etc… by exposing REST APIs to share data and meta data and also makes use of SAML based SSO and OAuth based Authentication. This team provides ample opportunities in interact with various stake holders and come of the best solution and implement the same with support for highly customizable and scalable approach. Current development activities involved in make use of Predictive Analytics , Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence. We have ambitious road map to start working on Prescriptive analytics.
Principal Software Engineer /Software development Expert/Architect
Developer should be able to work as a Full stack developer with specialized either in UI or back end. Design highly scalable and performant solution which address functional as well as nonfunctional requirement with high quality.
* Full stack developer - willing and capable of handling both client and server development
* End to end responsibility - take care of your feature from requirements to deployment
* Collaborate well - demonstrate excellent development practices, share and motivate others.
This is a Senior Development role with immense potential for growth. The potential candidate would work closely with other members of the team and other functional groups within SAP SuccessFactors
Promote a culture of high-performance Agile software engineering, continuous improvement and obsession with customer satisfaction.
* Handle end-to-end project/product techno-functional solutions independently - including design, development, testing and maintenance of custom solutions.
* Lead and work independently with developers to implement new and improved functions for the existing HCM Analytical solutions, understanding the big picture while still being hands-on yourself.
* Participate in customer-facing development projects, and ensure the successful delivery of projects on time and with high quality.
* Act as a mentor for other developers within the organization.
* Design and implement Java based solutions with scalability, reliability, maintainability and testability
* Strong technical skills with technologies like Java/J2EE/(C# .NET),Hibernate,Spring, SAP HANA, UI Technologies and OData protocols to develop modem cutting edge software that performs and scales in cloud environment
* Server oriented - Knowledge in Java backend development (tomcat, JEE, dependency injection, and more) - mandatory
* At least basic client side knowledge of Web technologies, JS, HTML, CSS - mandatory.
* Sound knowledge in Object Oriented Programming Principles, Design Patterns and Software Architecture, especially in new age Cloud solutions
* Must be able to design and implement across all layers of the software (UI, Backend, Database)
* Exposure to debugging , troubleshooting and performance tuning for complex SQL queries
* Capable of creating High level and low-level design document
* Knowledge of lean development infrastructure process including Git, TeamCity,Jenkins etc.. and exposure to Continuous Delivery practices
* Consistently improve all aspect of Non-Functional Requirements(NFR) associated with each feature of SaaS Application delivered on Public and Private Cloud
* Periodic performance profiling and capacity planning of critical systems and identify hotspots and recommend improvements
* As part of S2DLC (Secure Software Development Cycle) Perform security scans for UI, Backend and Database vulnerabilities contribute to stakeholders responsible for security and risk assessments
* Exposure to building Analytical and report modelling for highly customizable Enterprise cloud-based SaaS application
* Working knowledge of Scrum, Test Driven Development and passionate about unit test ,integrity testing, stress testing and performance testing and test automation
* Exposure to building large scale application deployed on public cloud like AWS , AZURE etc ..
* Exposure to BigData , NoSQL, Streaming Analytics , Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics will be added advantage
WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION
* Requires 14+ years of professional experience in developing Java/J2EE based enterprise web-based application,
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
* Bachelor's in Computer Science required, Master preferred.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.