The SAP Functional Analyst supports the SAP Application and all change control processes through the SAP Operations, Governance and Change team. The analyst works collaboratively to deliver exceptional operational change control, assists in implementing and monitoring policies, procedures, and controls related to SAP systems to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance. They follow all change control procedures, work instructions and standard operating procedures in support of existing functionality, requested changes and the deployment of new functionality.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Performs all daily activities which support the SAP Change Control process, including activities in SAP ChaRM.
* Supports SOX and Audit compliance activities within the SAP Change area.
* Participates in SAP Application scheduled releases with an emphasis on changes to and from all SAP application systems.
* Coordinates delivery of developed changes for all SAP Applications in alignment with controls.
* Partners on developed strategies to effectively manage changes across all SAP landscapes and application platforms.
* Provides oversight of the SAP Change Control processes, including delegation of responsibilities to all personnel required to ensure successful delivery of the changes within the scope of the business process.
* Interacts extensively with the functional team leads in the estimation cycle, identification of inter-team dependencies, delivery plan validation, impact assessments, issue tracking / resolution, and status reporting.
* Makes sure the changes are deployed according to the release plan.
* Monitors the production environment post-release for any unexpected situations, and make sure remedial action is taken as quickly as possible.
* Facilitates post-release evaluation meetings to discuss issues and identify improvement opportunities after major releases.
* Assesses change activity impacts to interfaces and monitoring.
* Coordinates cross team integration activities and outages.
* Collaborates with Enterprise level teams responsible for underlying applications that support SAP Platforms.
* Supports project team members during deployment planning.
* Demonstrates a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
* Demonstrates a high level of communication skills, verbal and written.
* Mentors less experienced team members on SAP concepts and enterprise tools, and processes.
* Participates in team activities and team planning in regards to improving team skills, awareness and quality of work.
* Responsible for continued personal growth in the areas of technology, business knowledge, and Costco policies and platforms.
* Supports Prod and Non-Prod activities related to SAP Changes with all enterprise teams.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Must have SAP ChaRM or SAP Change Management experience.
* Self-motivated, flexible, openness to learn new things, strong focus on customer needs.
* Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and exhibit a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
* Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, other departments, business partners.
* Experience in successful project implementation and follow-up.
* Strong conceptual, analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and resolution skills.
* Ability to monitor and manage the progress of tasks.
* Good understanding of corporate IT policies, procedures and standards.
* Excellent decision making skills.
* Experience writing policy, procedure and control statements.
* Able to support off-hours work as required, including weekends, holidays, and 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
* Knowledge of enterprise-level SAP applications (i.e. SAP ERP, CRM, BW, etc).
* Experience working in SAP Solution Manager within ChaRM and Focused Build.
* Technical knowledge of the relevant part(s) of the infrastructure and operating environment.
* Knowledge of SAP Solution Manager V7.2 SP06
* Knowledge of ITGC Controls and audit processes.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business.
About Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.